Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread–a moist quick bread (cake?) that is a cross between banana and zucchini bread. The bonus is that it’s got mini chocolate chips too and it’s made in your electric pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread
This one I couldn’t get right until the fourth try. But I’m happy to say I finally did get it right. The thing is, you really need to use a bundt cake pan* for this recipe. I tried my 7 inch spring form pan* 3 times (hence the picture above), cooking longer each time and each time the middle was raw. The bundt cake pan seemed to work better because of the way it’s shaped. I also cooked this bread in my slow cooker*. I put both directions along with conventional oven directions in the recipe below.
If you love zucchini bread and also love banana bread then you’re going to love this instant pot chocolate chip zucchini banana bread. It’s the perfect mix and the mini chocolate chips just make it even better. It’s a bit of a different texture than your normal banana bread that’s made in your oven. It’s much more moist and doesn’t have that baked/browned top. But if you’re living through a hot summer it’s a perfect way to “bake” a treat without turning on your oven.
More zucchini recipes you’ll love…
Cheesy Zucchini Tots from Life Made Simple
Butterscotch Zucchini Blondies from Creations by Kara
Zucchini Fritters from the Baker Upstairs
Vegan Pad Thai Zoodles from Namely Marly
Crispy Parmesan Zucchini Fries from Foodie With Family
Loaded Zucchini Skins from Real Mom Kitchen
Cheesy Grilled Zucchini Boats from Hey Grill Hey
Italian Chicken Sausage Zucchini Noodle one pot dish from Ashlee Marie
Zucchini Italiano Casserole from All Free Slow Cooker Recipes
What Instant Pot Did You Use?
To make this Instant Pot Chocolate Chip Zucchini Banana Bread I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 for this recipe. When I made this bread in the slow cooker I used my 6 quart Kitchenaid oval slow cooker.Print
A moist quick bread (cake?) that is a cross between banana and zucchini bread. The bonus is that it’s got mini chocolate chips too and it’s made in your electric pressure cooker.
- 2 small ripe bananas or 1 large ripe banana (90 grams), mashed
- 2 cups (230 grams) shredded zucchini
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup oil (I used canola oil but you can use coconut oil or vegetable oil)
- 1 1/2 cups flour (I’ve tried all white flour, half whole wheat and half white and all whole wheat)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup semi sweet mini chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl whisk together the mashed banana, shredded zucchini, egg and oil.
- Stir in the flour, salt, sugars, baking powder and baking soda until no white streaks remain. Don’t overmix.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
For the Instant Pot
- Prepare a 6 cup bundt cake pan* by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Cover the top of the pan very loosely with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot*. Place the bundt cake pan on top of the trivet and then using the handles carefully lower the trivet and pan into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot. Press the manual button (or pressure cook button) and adjust the cooking time to 60 minutes on high pressure. Make sure the valve is set to sealing.
- When the timer beeps carefully move the valve to venting. Using hot pads remove the trivet and pan from the Instant Pot. Let the bread/cake sit for 10 minutes. Remove the foil and serve warm or cold.
For the Slow Cooker
- Prepare a loaf pan that will fit inside your 6 quart oval slow cooker by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Place a trivet in the bottom of your slow cooker so that air can circulate underneath the pan. Place the pan on top of the trivet.
- Place a double layer of paper towels on top of the slow cooker and secure them with the lid. This will prevent moisture from dripping on top of the bread.
- Cook on high for 3-6 hours. My slow cooker took about 5 hours on high but some slow cookers will take as little as 3 hours. Test for doneness by sticking a toothpick in the middle. If it comes out clean or with a few crumbs then it’s done.
- Preheat your oven to 350° F. Prepare a loaf pan by spraying it with non-stick cooking spray. Pour the batter into the pan. Bake for 60 minutes. Check for doneness with a toothpick. If toothpick comes out clean or with a few crumbs it’s done. Cool on a rack, slice and enjoy.
I used my Mealthy CrispLid* to brown the top of the bread when it was done. I put it on the tall trivet and cooked for 2 minutes on 500 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 60 minutes
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love instant pot/crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.