Slow Cooker Lasagna Soup
You’ll start with some Italian sausage. I always can easily find the Jimmy Dean brand at most grocery stores, but feel free to use whatever brand you like best. If you like spicy go for spicy Italian sausage. If you are serving children you may want to opt for a mild sausage.
Other Slow Cooker Pasta Recipes:
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
All the delicious flavors of lasagna in soup form! Plus, it’s made in the slow cooker so it’s super easy to make. We had this two nights in a row because we loved it so much.
- 1 lb ground Italian sausage (mild or hot, it’s up to you)
- 1 medium yellow or white onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1/4 tsp basil
- 1/4 tsp marjoram
- 1/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 tsp rosemary
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans petite diced tomatoes
- 2 (8 oz) cans tomato sauce
- 3 cups water
- 4 tsp chicken bouillon granules (or 2 tsp shirley j chicken bouillon)
- 3 cups uncooked campanelle noodles (they look like little tiny lasagna noodles)
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Ricotta cheese
- In a pan, brown the ground sausage and saute the onions and garlic at the same time. Drain off all grease. Rinse the meat in a colander with hot water to make sure all grease is rinsed off. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add the green pepper, garlic, thyme, basil, marjoram, oregano, rosemary, bay leaf, brown sugar, tomatoes,tomato sauce, water and bouillon into the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
- Discard the bay leaf. Cook the pasta over the stove top until al dente. Drain off the water and add the pasta to the slow cooker. If needed, season and salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle into serving bowls and top with grated Parmesan and mozzarella and a dollop of ricotta cheese.
I used my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!