Slow Cooker Pepper Jack Mac with Green Chiles and Corn
This recipe is so easy and totally hands off–even kids can make it! Even though it’s made in the slow cooker it actually doesn’t take very long to cook. I cooked mine for only 80 minutes. I like to use whole grain pasta because it seems to hold up better in the slow cooker and not get mushy like white pasta tends to do.
Other Slow Cooker Macaroni and Cheese Recipes
- Bacon Macaroni and Cheese
- Extra Creamy Macaroni and Cheese from Spend with Pennies
- Broccoli Mac and Cheese from Eat Good 4 Life
- Hawaiian Pizza Mac and Cheese from The Cookie Rookie
What Kind of Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For these types of recipes I love to use my 3 Quart Casserole Crock. It’s a crockpot that is shaped in the size of a 9 x 13 inch pan. It is perfect for casserole recipes, breakfast casseroles, lasagnas, desserts, side dishes etc. I love the fact that the crock insert is oven safe so you can start or finish recipes in the oven. It’s pretty affordable too!
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
A creamy, comforting and slightly spicy macaroni and cheese that’s made in the slow cooker. This is a perfect side dish for dinner or an offering at a potluck.
- 4 oz uncooked whole wheat macaroni noodles (I used Barilla)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1 or 2 (4 oz) cans of diced green chiles
- 4 oz grated pepper jack cheese
- 1 cup frozen corn
- Salt and pepper
- Place macaroni in the bottom of the slow cooker*. Pour water and half and half on the top. Sprinkle in the salt, pepper, garlic powder and green chiles.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 60-90 minutes (mine took about 80 minutes). Remove the lid and gently stir in the shredded cheese and corn.
- Salt and pepper to taste and serve.
*I used my 3 quart casserole crock slow cooker for this recipe.
P.S. Check out these other great sides (click on the picture to get the recipe):
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!