Slow Cooker Chicken Mushroom Tortellini Soup: a creamy, comforting cream of mushroom soup with tender bites of chicken, cheesy tortellini, fresh spinach and topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
Slow Cooker Chicken Mushroom Tortellini Soup
If you’re a big fan of cream of mushroom soup (which I am) then you’ll love this recipe for Slow Cooker Chicken Mushroom Tortellini Soup! It’s filled with lots of mushrooms that are eventually pureed to make the base of the soup. I used cremini mushrooms but white button mushrooms would work just as well. I also decided to bulk up the soup with some chicken. I decided to go with boneless skinless chicken thighs but you can also use breasts for this recipe. The chicken breasts will stay tender because they’ll be totally enveloped in liquid while cooking. After the mushrooms, chicken and broth have slow cooked all day I added in a bag of frozen tortellini and some spinach. Let the tortellini cook on high for a few minutes and voila! The soup is done.
Slow Cooker Soup Recipes
I love soup in the slow cooker! Here are some of my favorite crockpot soup recipes (they’re also some of the most popular recipes on my site):
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this recipe I used my Kitchenaid 6-Quart Slow Cooker. I prefer this slow cooker over almost every other slow cooker because it cooks evenly and low. It also has a medium setting as well as the normal low and high settings that other slow cookers have.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes!
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
A creamy, comforting cream of mushroom soup with tender bites of chicken, cheesy tortellini, fresh spinach and topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- 16 oz sliced crimini or white button mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped onions (1 small onion)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tsp canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water + chicken bouillon)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
- 1 (19 oz) package frozen cheese tortellini
- 1 cup half and half, warmed
- 8 oz chopped white button mushrooms
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Add 16 oz sliced mushrooms to theslow cooker.
- Add onions, garlic cloves, oil and thyme to a microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds. Add mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add chicken broth, salt and chicken to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6-8 hours or on HIGH 3-4 hours.
- Remove chicken and place on a cutting board and let rest.
- Puree the contents of the slow cooker in a blender or with a stick blender.
- Add in warmed half and half (warm it so that the soup doesn’t curdle), frozen tortellini, 8 oz chopped mushrooms, spinach and vinegar. Stir. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Shred the chicken on the cutting board and then add back into the slow cooker.
- Ladle into bowls and top each bowl with 1 Tbsp Parmesan cheese.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 6 hours
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!