Chuck roast is the best kind of beef to cook in the slow cooker so it stands to reason that it’s the best cut of beef to cook in the pressure cooker as well. It has a lot of collagen in it and really benefits from the moist environment. The Instant Pot is sort of like a fast slow cooker. Many of the foods that do well in the slow cooker rock in the Instant Pot. Chuck roast is one cut of beef that I see on sale semi-regularly at Smith’s. So when it hits $2.99 per pound or less then grab it up and make some of these awesome Instant Pot beef recipes for dinner this week. In the words of a famous commercial…”beef it’s what’s for dinner.”
Related: Click here for 20 ways to use chuck roast in the SLOW COOKER.
13 Ways to Use Chuck Roast in the Instant Pot
1. Instant Pot Beef Gyros–Tender pieces of beef with soft onions, juicy tomatoes, crisp lettuce, creamy cucumber yogurt sauce all wrapped up in soft, melt in your mouth pita bread. The beef is cooked until tender in your electric pressure cooker in less than an hour.
2. Instant Pot Beef Pot Pie–tender, bite size pieces of beef stew meat encompassed in a flavorful sauce with peas and topped with a crispy pie crust.
3. Instant Pot 3 Packet Roast–a super easy and fast way to make an incredibly tender and flavored roast. You’ll just need a packet of ranch, Italian dressing mix and brown gravy along with a chuck roast for this recipe. If you prefer to make homemade versions of these “packets” I have those recipes for you too!
6. Pressure Cooker Beef and Broccoli–Tender, thin-sliced beef and broccoli in a rich sauce that is salty and sweet with just a little heat from the red pepper flakes. Cooking inexpensive beef chuck in the pressure cooker tenderizes the meat, so it’s not tough and chewy like stir fried beef and broccoli can often be via Pressure Cooking Today.
7. Instant Pot Chipotle Shredded Beef–Tender and flavorful, this pressure cooker Chipotle Shredded Beef has just the right amount of spice and is perfect for tacos or burritos. And you can’t beat the cooking time via Taste and Tell.
8. Instant Pot Beef Dip Sandwiches–Tender chuck roast is pressure cooked in a savory bath of beef broth, water and soy sauce along with some seasonings to produce one heck of a sandwich via What’s Cookin’ Chicago.
9. Instant Pot Mississippi Coke Roast–This Mississippi roast uses a soda (coke) as liquid instead of the pepper juice. The sweetness of the coke really balances the tanginess from the other ingredients via Aunt Bee’s Recipes.
10. Instant Pot Barbecue Beef Roast–Your Instant Pot can make a tough chuck roast into tender, shredded barbecue beef as quickly as 90 minutes, start to finish. Compare this pressure cooker time to 4 hours on high in a slow cooker! Use on sandwiches, over rice, or as a Paleo main dish with lots of veggies via Kitchen Stewardship.
Am I missing a good Instant Pot recipe that uses chuck roast? Please let me know! I’ll add it to the list.
Send Me Free Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love Instant Pot/Crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.