Throw a bag of frozen chicken wings in your slow cooker and walk away for a few hours. Then baste the wings with delicious buffalo wing sauce and broil in your oven for a few minutes and you have super tender and flavorful wings with minimal effort.
- 1 (3 pound) bag of frozen chicken wings
- 1/2 cup buffalo wing sauce (I like Sweet Baby Ray’s*)
- Place chicken wings in your slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours or until internal temperature of chicken reaches 165 degrees F and juices run clean.
- Turn your oven to the broil setting. Use tongs to place the chicken wings on a sheet pan. I lined my pan with a silicone mat* for easy cleaning. Brush the chicken wings* thoroughly with the buffalo wing sauce. Save some sauce for later.
- Put the sheet pan under the broiler, about 5-6 inches. Broil for 3 minutes and brush with additional sauce. Broil for about 3 more minutes. Watch them carefully so that they don’t burn.
- To enjoy the wings fully, dip the wings in blue cheese dressing!
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker