Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps–shredded chicken coated with buffalo sauce and topped with blue cheese crumbles is wrapped up in crisp lettuce leaves. You can make these flavorful lettuce wraps with just 4 ingredients!
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
I laughed when my husband went crazy over these lettuce wraps. I mean should I tell him that they literally took me like 5 minutes of hands on time and only 4 ingredients? Well, I guess he doesn’t need to know. Because these lettuce wraps are so easy and so light they make a perfect summer supper. After I had eaten them I realized it would have been super fun to add in chopped celery with the chicken for a little more crunch…kind of like what water chestnuts do with asian lettuce wraps. Next time I’ll try that out. I used a mild buffalo sauce allowing for lots of flavor but not too much heat for me or the kids (we’re a bit wimpy).
Love all things buffalo? Try these other recipes too…
Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Spaghetti Squash Bowls from Peas and Crayons
Buffalo Hummus from Gimme Some Oven
Buffalo Chicken Salad from Buns in my Oven
Lazy Buffalo Ranch Chicken Casserole from All Free Slow Cooker Recipes
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps I used my small 3 quart slow cooker. I love this little slow cooker because it’s super cute and it’s just the perfect size for side dishes, drinks or small meals. It fits into my sink so I can easily handwash it and it fits in the bottom or top of my dishwasher so I can easily stick it in there to get clean. I try to use this 3 quart slow cooker any time I can!Print
Shredded chicken coated with buffalo sauce and topped with blue cheese crumbles is wrapped up in crisp lettuce leaves. You can make these flavorful lettuce wraps with just 4 ingredients!
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed of excess fat
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce (I used mild)
- Optional: 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Lettuce leaves, washed (I used romaine but you can use iceberg, if you prefer)
- Place chicken and water in the slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. If the chicken is frozen, cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Drain and discard the water. Shred the chicken and pour in the buffalo sauce. Stir in the celery, if desired.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup of the chicken down the middle of a lettuce leaf. Top with 1 Tbsp of blue cheese crumbles. Wrap up and eat immediately.
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot/Instant Pot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!