Recipe for Slow Cooker Buffalo Cheddar Cauliflower Soup
Makes 6 servings
Ideal slow cooker size: 5 quart
Cooking time: 6-8 hours on low
1 head of cauliflower, rinsed and cut into large florets
4 cups water
1 tsp Shirley J Vegetarian Chicken Bouillon (or you can use 2 tsp regular chicken bouillon OR use 4 cups vegetable broth and omit the water)
1 cup diced yellow onion
3 minced garlic cloves
2 celery ribs, sliced into 1/2 inch pieces
1/2 tsp ground thyme
1 tsp dried rosemary leaves
1 bay leaf
3/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1 Tbsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce (plus more for serving)
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (plus more for serving)
Croutons, for serving
1. Combine cauliflower florets, water, bouillon, onion, garlic, celery, thyme, rosemary and bay leaf in the slow cooker.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for about 6-8 hours, or until veggies are very soft.
3. Remove lid and discard the bay leaf.
4. Pour contents of slow cooker into a large blender and blend until smooth (or use an immersion blender right in the slow cooker to blend until creamy and smooth). Pour contents of blender back into the slow cooker.
5. Stir in salt (I used 3/4 tsp of salt but you can use less or more to taste) and pepper and 1 Tbsp hot sauce. Slowly stir in the cheese until melty.
6. Ladle into bowls and sprinkle on more hot sauce to taste. Top with a tablespoon of cheese and croutons. Eat and enjoy!
P.S. Make sure to join in all the foodie fun on Twitter, Facebook and Pinterest!
i have a bag of riced cauliflower in freezer. Wonder if this would work
I bet it would. Give it a shot and let me know!
Mickey Ferris says
This looks great but I need to know how many calories, carbs and fibers. Thanks
Cauliflower comes in all sizes – about how many cups of florets?
4 cups works great.
Candace Karu says
This looks so creamy and yummy, perfect for these cooler nights of this chilly spring!
I just made this. I follow directions exactly. My vegetables were all done at 2 hours on low. Must have been my cooker. Wizzed with a stick blender and done.
Tastes like a nice cream of cauliflower with cheese.
Lauren @ infinite.nu says
Wow this looks delicious! I had to pin it for later!!
[email protected] says
It is! Hope you like it!
This looks yummy. I can't wait to try it!
[email protected] says
you're welcome! I hope you like it!