Peanut Buster Parfait Ice Cream Dessert–a layer of crushed oreos, ice cream, peanuts and the best hot fudge sauce of all time. This dessert is spread in a 9 x 13 inch pan and serves a crowd. I make this for birthdays at my house instead of cake.
Peanut Buster Parfait Ice Cream Dessert
It’s not that I won’t eat it. It’s just that it’s not my favorite. It doesn’t really do anything for me. I’d rather have a cookie or a brownie or ice cream. So when it’s birthday time at our house I often end up making this delicious ice cream dessert instead of cake. You can still stick candles in it and sing Happy Birthday. AND you don’t have to have a separate thing of ice cream since it’s already in the “cake.”
My mom has been making a version of this dessert since I was little. I changed a few things up but kept the most important thing the same…THE FUDGE SAUCE!!! Oh my gosh. I love this fudge sauce sooooo much. In fact I would just eat that plain with a birthday candle in it and be completely happy. The sauce is a little annoying to make because you have to stir it for 8 minutes straight but believe me, it will be worth it in the end! Chocolate lovers will be so so so happy with this dessert! Enjoy!
More recipes you’ll love…Print
A layer of crushed oreos, ice cream, peanuts and the best hot fudge sauce of all time. This dessert is spread in a 9 x 13 inch pan and serves a crowd. I make this for birthdays at my house instead of cake.
- 1/2 package of Oreos, crushed
- 1/2 gallon of ice cream (I usually choose oreo ice cream or a vanilla based ice cream)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 (13 oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pat the crushed oreos into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Spread the ice cream (that is somewhat soft) over the oreos. I like to cut open the box of ice cream and use a knife to cut big rectangles of ice cream and lay it on top of the oreos.
- Sprinkle the peanuts evenly over the top of the ice cream.
- In a saucepan combine the evaporated milk, sugar, chocolate chips and butter. Stir together and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool until completely cold (do NOT even try to pour it over the ice cream warm) and then add in the vanilla.
- Pour the sauce on top of the frozen ice cream and spread evenly. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until time to serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Peanut Buster Parfait Ice Cream Dessert? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.