Peanut Buster Parfait Ice Cream Dessert–a layer of crushed oreos, ice cream, peanuts and the best hot fudge sauce of all time. This dessert is spread in a 9 x 13 inch pan and serves a crowd. I make this for birthdays at my house instead of cake.
Peanut Buster Parfait Ice Cream Dessert
It’s not that I won’t eat it. It’s just that it’s not my favorite. It doesn’t really do anything for me. I’d rather have a cookie or a brownie or ice cream. So when it’s birthday time at our house I often end up making this delicious ice cream dessert instead of cake. You can still stick candles in it and sing Happy Birthday. AND you don’t have to have a separate thing of ice cream since it’s already in the “cake.”
My mom has been making a version of this dessert since I was little. I changed a few things up but kept the most important thing the same…THE FUDGE SAUCE!!! Oh my gosh. I love this fudge sauce sooooo much. In fact I would just eat that plain with a birthday candle in it and be completely happy. The sauce is a little annoying to make because you have to stir it for 8 minutes straight but believe me, it will be worth it in the end! Chocolate lovers will be so so so happy with this dessert! Enjoy!
More recipes you’ll love…Print
A layer of crushed oreos, ice cream, peanuts and the best hot fudge sauce of all time. This dessert is spread in a 9 x 13 inch pan and serves a crowd. I make this for birthdays at my house instead of cake.
- 1/2 package of Oreos, crushed
- 1/2 gallon of ice cream (I usually choose oreo ice cream or a vanilla based ice cream)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 (13 oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pat the crushed oreos into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Spread the ice cream (that is somewhat soft) over the oreos. I like to cut open the box of ice cream and use a knife to cut big rectangles of ice cream and lay it on top of the oreos.
- Sprinkle the peanuts evenly over the top of the ice cream.
- In a saucepan combine the evaporated milk, sugar, chocolate chips and butter. Stir together and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool until completely cold (do NOT even try to pour it over the ice cream warm) and then add in the vanilla.
- Pour the sauce on top of the frozen ice cream and spread evenly. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until time to serve.
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Peanut Buster Parfait Ice Cream Dessert? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.