A layer of crushed oreos, ice cream, peanuts and the best hot fudge sauce of all time. This dessert is spread in a 9 x 13 inch pan and serves a crowd. I make this for birthdays at my house instead of cake.
- 1/2 package of Oreos, crushed
- 1/2 gallon of ice cream (I usually choose oreo ice cream or a vanilla based ice cream)
- 1 cup roasted peanuts (optional)
- 1 (13 oz) can evaporated milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2/3 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pat the crushed oreos into the bottom of a 9×13 inch pan.
- Spread the ice cream (that is somewhat soft) over the oreos. I like to cut open the box of ice cream and use a knife to cut big rectangles of ice cream and lay it on top of the oreos.
- Sprinkle the peanuts evenly over the top of the ice cream.
- In a saucepan combine the evaporated milk, sugar, chocolate chips and butter. Stir together and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for 8 minutes, stirring constantly. Cool until completely cold (do NOT even try to pour it over the ice cream warm) and then add in the vanilla.
- Pour the sauce on top of the frozen ice cream and spread evenly. Cover with foil or plastic wrap and freeze until time to serve.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No Bake