Coconut Macaroon Brownies–if you love coconut and chocolate these brownies are for you! They are gooey and seriously so good (and slightly addicting). They sort of remind me of a Mounds Bar but waaaaay better.
Coconut Macaroon Brownies
Today is National Macaroon Day! To celebrate I made these scrumptious coconut macaroon brownies. I seriously couldn’t believe how good these brownies were. I think these are my favorite brownies of all time. If you are a fan of coconut, which you totally are, then you need to make these brownies.
The only issue with these coconut macaroon brownies is that they are sort of hard to tell when they are done. The usual trick of sticking a toothpick in the middle only slightly works since you have chocolate chips that are melty and they coat the toothpick as well as the gooey coconut center of the brownies. At first I thought I had undercooked these brownies but then realized that they were perfect. The center won’t ever taste “cooked through.” Even the next day the middle part will be gooey like the middle of a Mounds Bar.
More Macaroon Recipes
To celebrate Macaroon Day I want to share some macaroon inspired recipes from some of my food blogger friends.
Chocolate Caramel Coconut Macaroon Tart by Ashlee Marie
Macaroon Kiss Cookies by Creations by Kara
Chocolate Coconut Macaroons by Pretty Providence
Almond Coconut Macaroons by Savory Experiments
Easy Coconut Macaroons by Real Mom Kitchen
Gluten-free Macaroons by Namely Marly
Lemon Coconut Macaroon Cookies by Simply Stacie
Pineapple Coconut Macaroon Cookie Bars by Heather Likes Food
Salted Caramel Coconut Macaroons by My Mommy Style
Gooey fudgy brownies with a layer of coconut. These brownies are reminiscent of a Mounds Bar.
For the brownies:
- 2 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
For the macaroon layer:
- 4 cups shredded coconut
- 1 (14 oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 13×9 inch pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt 1 cup chocolate chips and butter in a large saucepan over low heat. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat. Add eggs; stir well.
- Add flour, sugar, baking soda, salt and vanilla; stir well. Stir in remaining chocolate chips.
- In another bowl stir together the coconut, sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and salt.
- Spread a thin layer, about half the brownie batter, in the bottom of the pan. Gently scoop and spread the coconut mixture over the top of the batter. Then spread the remaining brownie batter over the top of the coconut mixture. It won’t cover it completely and that’s okay.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes. The middle will be gooey because of the coconut mixture but the brownie part will be baked through.
- Let the pan cool for a few minutes and then dive in and eat. Store leftovers in an airtight container for a few days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
Keywords: dessert, brownies, chocolate, coconut
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for coconut macaroon brownies? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.