Chunky Muddy Buddies–do you love chex muddy buddies but wish there were more of the stuck together chunks? I prefer my muddy buddies this way too and have tweaked the recipe so that it’s basically all chunks. More peanut butter, more chocolate, more deliciousness.
Chunky Muddy Buddies
We all love muddy buddies, puppy chow…whatever you want to call it. How can you not? It’s a piece of cereal enveloped in chocolate and peanut butter and then tossed with powdered sugar. Whenever I make muddy buddies I immediately pick out all the chunks that have gotten stuck together and eat them as fast as possible. Then I leave whatever is left for everyone else.
I decided that I needed to make a batch of muddy buddies that had all the chunks and none of the pieces that are sort of dry. It worked really well and I will probably make it this way from now on. If you like individual pieces of cereal that are perfectly coated in powdered sugar then you’ll probably not like this recipe. But if you like the fudgy chunky pieces, this recipe is for you.
More recipes you’ll love
Do you love chex muddy buddies but wish there were more of the stuck together chunks? I prefer my muddy buddies this way too and have tweaked the recipe so that it’s basically all chunks. More peanut butter, more chocolate, more deliciousness.
- 3/4 cup butter
- 18 oz semi sweet chocolate chips (1 1/2 bags)
- 3/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 (12 oz) box Rice Chex
- 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a glass bowl add the butter, chocolate chips and peanut butter. Put in the microwave for 1 minute. Stir. Put it in the microwave for another minute. Stir until creamy.
- In a separate extra large bowl with a lid pour the entire box of cereal. Scrape the chocolate mixture over the top of the Chex. Stir and try to coat all the pieces of cereal. Sprinkle the powdered sugar on top and seal tightly with the lid. Shake the container vigorously for a minute.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes and then eat and enjoy!
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Chunky Muddy Buddies? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.