Instant Pot Ultimate Chicken Casserole–rotini pasta, chicken, corn and bacon crumbles in a cream cheese sauce.
Instant Pot Ultimate Chicken Casserole
When my daughter tried this she said, “I love when you make stuff like this!” It’s a creamy pasta dish with chicken. No cream of soups are used in this particular recipe. And bacon and parmesan finish off the dish with a big hit of flavor.
This is an easy dump and go recipe that takes just a few minutes to get started. This dish makes quite a few servings. You can easily halve the recipe or freeze leftovers to serve another day if you’re not serving a crowd.
- Chicken broth–or water and Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- Rotini–or egg noodles (1 minute pressure cook time) or penne (4 minutes pressure cook time)
- Cooked, chopped chicken–like rotisserie chicken. Or you can use turkey.
- Minced dehydrated onion
- Kosher salt
- Garlic powder
- Frozen corn–or a can of corn, drained
- Cream cheese
- Milk–or half and half or cream
- Bacon crumbles–or you can fry up bacon, drain off grease and crumble
- Shredded parmesan cheese
- Layer in the ingredients: Pour broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rotini. Dump the chicken on top of the pasta. Then add in the garlic, onion, pepper, salt, garlic powder, corn and cream cheese. Don’t stir.
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Add in remaining ingredients: Stir in the milk, bacon, cheese and spinach.
- Serve: Salt and pepper to taste. Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
- This recipe makes quite a bit! Enough to serve 8-10 people. If you’d like you can easily halve the recipe. Cut all ingredients in half but keep the cooking time the same.
- Serve with roasted broccoli and garlic bread.
- Instead of all chicken try adding in half chicken and half cubes of ham.
- If you want you can add in some chopped sundried tomatoes or a can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- If you don’t have spinach try stirring in another vegetable like peas.
- Try sauteeing some mushrooms in butter and adding them into the dish.
- If you don’t have cooked chicken on hand you can make this basic seasoned shredded chicken recipe before you get started with the ultimate chicken casserole recipe.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot. For the 3 quart pot you will need to cut the recipe in half.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with the other half a bag of your frozen corn are Instant Pot Smoky Mountain Soup and Instant Pot Complete Cowboy Casserole.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes to Love…
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Casserole
The delicious flavors from chicken burritos made in the easiest way possible…a dump and go Instant Pot recipe. With chicken, rice, beans, corn and cheese you won’t miss a thing.
Instant Pot Neiman Marcus Chicken
Chicken with a sour cream, bacon and cheddar sauce served over rice.
Instant Pot To Die For Chicken
Tender chicken with a garlic brown sugar sauce takes little effort but yields amazing results!
Instant Pot 5-Ingredient Salsa Chicken
The best tasting and easiest chicken recipe ever! Chicken that is flavored with salsa and cheddar tastes great served over rice or rolled up in a tortilla.
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Rotini pasta, chicken, corn and bacon crumbles in a cream cheese sauce.
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (16 oz) package rotini
- 3–4 cups cooked, chopped chicken
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp minced dehydrated onion
- 2 tsp pepper
- 1 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 cup milk (or half and half or cream)
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- Pour broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rotini. Dump the chicken on top of the pasta. Then add in the garlic, onion, pepper, salt, garlic powder, corn and cream cheese. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the milk, bacon, cheese and spinach.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Scoop onto plates and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.