Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Casserole–the delicious flavors from chicken burritos made in the easiest way possible…a dump and go Instant Pot recipe. With chicken, rice, beans, corn and cheese you won’t miss a thing.
Instant Pot Chicken Burrito Casserole
This creamy chicken and rice casserole is a quick and easy one pot meal! You can make it with only a 3 minute pressure cooking time in your Instant Pot. And it only takes about 10 minutes of prep work. Serve it on a busy weeknight. If you want you can double the recipe and freeze half for another day.
- Chicken broth–or water and Better than Bouillon Chicken Base
- Converted rice–also called parboiled rice. The rice kernels aren’t clumpy and glued together instead they are more separated. I found a bag of parboiled rice at Walmart next to the normal long grain white rice. Sometimes I buy it at Winco in the bulk section. I have also found it in the orange box (Ben’s brand) next to other rices.
- Chopped, cooked chicken–I used rotisserie chicken. I buy 2 rotisserie chickens at Costco each time I go. I remove the meat off the bones and store in 2-3 cup increments in ziplock bags in the freezer. Anytime I need cooked chicken I have it ready to go.
- Corn–canned, frozen or fresh all work
- Black beans–you can also use pinto beans
- Pace Picante sauce–I used mild
- Cream of chicken soup–I use Campbell’s brand
- Taco seasoning–I bought a big container at Costco
- Shredded cheddar cheese–or a mexican blend
- Topping ideas–sour cream, Fritos (I used chili cheese Fritos), cilantro, sliced avocado
- Strategically layer in the the ingredients: Prepare all your ingredients. Add broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Add chicken on top. Dump in the corn and black beans to cover the bottom of the entire pot. This will form a barrier and prevent the burn message. Dump the picante sauce and cream of chicken on top of the beans and corn. Don’t stir.
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Finish it off: Stir in the taco seasoning. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Let it melt.
- Serve: Serve topped with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- Can I use another type of rice? Yes you can. For long grain white rice use the same cooking instructions as the converted rice. If you’d like to use brown rice you can but it takes 22 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release time. You may want to stir the cooked chicken in afterwards because it’s already cooked.
- Can I use uncooked chicken? Yes. If you’d like you can cut boneless chicken thighs into bite size pieces and add them in raw (use about 1 to 1.5 pounds).
- Serve with shredded lettuce and pico de gallo.
- To make this gluten free leave out the cream of chicken soup and add in 4 ounces of cream cheese instead.
- Why don’t you add the taco seasoning in at the beginning? I have had mixed results with different brands of taco seasoning. Some of them have starches that stick to the bottom of the pot and cause the burn error message.
- If you want you can double the recipe and freeze half for another day. Freeze in a foil or metal pan and cover tightly with foil and freeze for up to 3 months. Bake from frozen for about 90 minutes to 2 hours at 350 with the foil on top. Remove the foil and add cheese and bake for 10 more minutes.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in a 3 or 8 quart pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with Pace Picante sauce are Instant Pot Cowgirl Soup and Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Salsa Pasta.
5 More Instant Pot Burrito Recipes…
Instant Pot Korean BBQ Burrito
Tender shredded beef roll up in a soft tortilla with rice, cabbage and sriracha mayo. A combination that tastes absolutely amazing!
Instant Pot Burrito Bowls
Perfectly tender and shreddable 5-ingredient pork is cooked quickly in your Instant Pot and then served with rice, guacamole, black beans, sour cream and more of your favorite toppings.
Instant Pot Cheesy Beef Burrito Bowls
All the cheesy, delicious innards of a beef burrito made in one pot, your Instant Pot. Scoop it into bowls and top with sour cream, pico de gallo and avocado for a most desirable dinner experience.
Instant Pot Breakfast Burritos
Make the filling for egg breakfast burritos in your Instant Pot. Perfect way to meal prep breakfast for the week!
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
The delicious flavors from chicken burritos made in the easiest way possible…a dump and go Instant Pot recipe. With chicken, rice, beans, corn and cheese you won’t miss a thing.
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup converted rice
- 2 cups chopped, cooked chicken (I used rotisserie chicken)
- 1 (15.25 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup Pace Picante sauce (I used mild)
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Toppings: sour cream, Fritos, cilantro, sliced avocado
- Prepare all your ingredients. Add broth into Instant Pot. Sprinkle in the rice. Add chicken on top. Dump in the corn and black beans to cover the bottom of the entire pot. This will form a barrier and prevent the burn message. Dump the picante sauce and cream of chicken on top. Don’t stir.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 3 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 10 minutes and then move valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the taco seasoning. Sprinkle the cheese on top. Let it melt.
- Serve topped with desired toppings. Enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.