Instant Pot Neiman Marcus Chicken–chicken with a sour cream, bacon, pecan and cheddar sauce served over rice.
Instant Pot Neiman Marcus Chicken
If you’re familiar with Neiman Marcus dip you know that it is an addicting dip made with bacon, cheese, almonds and mayo. I decided to take elements of the dip and make it into a main dish instead. It’s chicken in a creamy, flavorful sauce served over rice. And it’s all cooked at the same time in the Instant Pot.
I used cooked rotisserie chicken for this recipe and stirred it together with my version of the dip ingredients. Really you could eat this as a cold dip over crackers if you prefer. I tried it both cold and hot and I preferred it served warm over rice. The creamy chicken mixture is cooked pot-in-pot while the rice is cooked underneath it in the bottom of the Instant Pot. If you don’t want the rice you can just add 1 ½ cups water into the bottom of the pot without the rice.
Equipment I used
- Pot in pot dish*
- OXO Sling/Trivet*
- Instant Pot*
- Cutting board*
- Favorite measuring cups* and measuring spoons*
- Sour cream–or plain yogurt
- Bacon crumbles–I find these in the salad dressing aisle
- Shredded sharp cheddar cheese–freshly grated off the block is best
- Garlic–or a half teaspoon of garlic powder
- Chives–you can also use a quarter cup of chopped green onions
- Tabasco sauce–or buffalo sauce
- Chopped pecans–or almonds. I like to buy these in the bulk bins at Winco.
- Kosher salt
- Black pepper
- Chopped cooked chicken–I always buy the rotisserie chicken at Costco and use it in recipes like this. See notes below for how to use raw chicken.
- Converted or long grain white rice–you can also use brown rice, see note below for how
- Make the chicken mixture: In a mixing bowl stir together the sour cream, bacon, cheese, mayo, garlic, chives, tabasco, pecans, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in the chicken. Add the mixture into a pot-in-pot dish*.
- Add rice and water into Instant Pot: Pour the water and rice into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Prepare Instant Pot: Place a tall trivet into the Instant Pot over the rice. Place the pot-in-pot dish on top of the trivet.
- Pressure cook: Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Serve: Serve the chicken mixture over the rice. Eat and enjoy!
- Serve with salad or another vegetable.
- You can make this with brown rice instead of white. Just pressure cook for 22 minutes with a 10 minute natural pressure release.
- If you don’t have any cooked chicken you can make my favorite seasoned, shredded chicken and use it for this recipe.
- This recipe can be low carb if you forego the rice. Serve as lettuce wraps or over cauliflower rice. Cauliflower rice is best if cooked according to package directions and not in the Instant Pot.
- This recipe is gluten-free.
- I used my 6 quart Instant Pot*. You can also make this in an 8 quart pot.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container* in the refrigerator for up to 5 days or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- Other recipes you can make with bacon crumbles are Loaded Million Dollar Casserole and Instant Pot Hunters Chicken.
More Instant Pot Chicken Recipes…
Chicken Cheese Steak Recipe
Tender chicken, melty cheese and sauteed onions and peppers piled onto hoagie rolls. A simple Instant Pot or Crockpot recipe.
Southern Chicken Casserole
Instant Pot Southern Chicken Casserole is comfort food! This is an easy dump and go recipe with chicken and vegetables in a creamy sauce. Serve over biscuits for a chicken pot pie type of meal.
Straight out of Heaven Casserole
This cornbread chicken casserole is so good that my husband said “it’s straight out of heaven!” It’s got chicken, vegetables and cornbread stuffing. It comes together so quickly and only has a 1 minute pressure cook time in the Instant Pot! Pin this recipe for later! Instant Pot Cornbread Chicken Casserole If you’re looking for
A layered potato dish with chicken, cheese and bacon. Get a head start on the recipe with your Instant Pot!
Did you know you can filter the recipes on my website to search by meat type, IP or Crockpot, low carb, gluten free, etc.? Use the filter to find exactly what you are looking for.
Chicken with a sour cream, bacon and cheddar sauce served over rice.
For the chicken
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup bacon crumbles
- 3/4 cup (3 oz) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp freeze dried chives or 1/4 cup chopped fresh chives
- 1/2 tsp Tabasco sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (or almonds)
- 1/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chopped cooked chicken
For the rice
- 2 cups water
- 1 1/2 cups converted or long grain white rice
- In a mixing bowl stir together the sour cream, bacon, cheese, mayo, garlic, chives, tabasco, pecans, salt and pepper until smooth. Fold in the chicken. Add the mixture into a pot in pot dish.
- Pour the water and rice into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Place a tall trivet into the Instant Pot over the rice. Place the pot in pot dish on top of the trivet.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 7 minutes. When time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Serve the chicken mixture over the rice. Eat and enjoy!
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.