Instant Pot Pasta Primavera–A meatless pasta and vegetable dish. Rigatoni pasta is cooked quickly in your pressure cooker along with tomatoes, fresh green beans, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and zucchini. The whole dish is tossed with grated parmesan cheese.
Instant Pot Pasta Primavera
I have a raggedy folder that has some typed up pages of recipes. These recipes were brought to college with me many years ago. These were some easy dishes that I enjoyed and thought I would be able to prepare easily after classes in the evenings. One of the recipes is pasta primavera. My mom would make this meatless pasta dish at home and I always loved it so much. It was full of veggies and pretty simple to put together. I remember one Sunday I invited a bunch of guys over for dinner and I’m sure they were expecting pot roast and potatoes but I prepared this pasta primavera instead. They were probably wishing they went to the cafeteria instead. Haha!
I haven’t made this dish in many years but for some reason I remembered it and thought how great it would be as an Instant Pot recipe. A true one pot dish. The original recipe called for canned green beans but switching them out with fresh green beans was a perfect choice. I chose to keep the canned tomatoes because if tomatoes aren’t in season then canned tomatoes are usually a better bet since they are canned at the peak of freshness. I used dried basil but fresh basil or basil from the squeeze tube would be amazing. I think you’ll really love this Instant Pot pasta primavera! Try it out for meatless Monday next week.
More meatless Instant Pot meals
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
For Instant Pot pasta primavera I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
A fresh meatless pasta dish. Rigatoni pasta is cooked quickly in your pressure cooker along with tomatoes, fresh green beans, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and zucchini. The whole dish is tossed with grated parmesan cheese.
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into planks
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried basil (or 1 Tbsp fresh basil)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 zucchini cut into bite size chunks
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, optional
- Pour the rigatoni on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Cover with the broth.
- Add in the garlic, carrot, mushrooms, green beans, diced tomatoes, salt, dried basil (if using fresh basil add it in later) and oregano. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid in place. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual button or pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When the 2 minutes is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. Remove the lid and stir in the zucchini. In a small bowl turn the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot. It will thicken up the sauce fairly quickly. Once the sauce is thickened turn the Instant Pot to the Keep Warm function.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese. If you are using fresh basil or basil from the tube add that in now. Salt and pepper the pasta dish to taste. I used kosher salt. Stir in balsamic vinegar, if desired.
- Spoon pasta onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
The original version of this recipe was made on the stovetop. Here are the instructions: (leave out the broth) Prepare rigatoni according to package directions. Drain. Saute carrots, beans and garlic in small amount of water over medium-low heat until carrots are tender-crisp (about 5 minutes). Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, cornstarch, basil, oregano, salt. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and translucent. Add zucchini and heat through. Add pasta to skillet; toss with cheese.
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.