A fresh meatless pasta dish. Rigatoni pasta is cooked quickly in your pressure cooker along with tomatoes, fresh green beans, carrots, mushrooms, garlic and zucchini. The whole dish is tossed with grated parmesan cheese.
- 8 ounces uncooked rigatoni
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1 large carrot, sliced into planks
- 8 ounces mushrooms, quartered
- 3/4 pound fresh green beans, washed and trimmed and sliced in half
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsp dried basil (or 1 Tbsp fresh basil)
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 zucchini cut into bite size chunks
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch + 1 Tbsp water
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp balsamic vinegar, optional
- Pour the rigatoni on the bottom of the Instant Pot. Cover with the broth.
- Add in the garlic, carrot, mushrooms, green beans, diced tomatoes, salt, dried basil (if using fresh basil add it in later) and oregano. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid in place. Make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual button or pressure cook button to 2 minutes. When the 2 minutes is up perform a quick release by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Turn the Instant Pot to the saute function. Remove the lid and stir in the zucchini. In a small bowl turn the cornstarch and water together until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot. It will thicken up the sauce fairly quickly. Once the sauce is thickened turn the Instant Pot to the Keep Warm function.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese. If you are using fresh basil or basil from the tube add that in now. Salt and pepper the pasta dish to taste. I used kosher salt. Stir in balsamic vinegar, if desired.
- Spoon pasta onto plates and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
The original version of this recipe was made on the stovetop. Here are the instructions: (leave out the broth) Prepare rigatoni according to package directions. Drain. Saute carrots, beans and garlic in small amount of water over medium-low heat until carrots are tender-crisp (about 5 minutes). Stir in tomatoes, mushrooms, cornstarch, basil, oregano, salt. Cook, stirring constantly until sauce is thickened and translucent. Add zucchini and heat through. Add pasta to skillet; toss with cheese.
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot