Instant Pot Mississippi Mud Potatoes—a big pot of the most delicious and addictive potatoes you’ll ever eat. Cubed potatoes are coated with cheese, tangy, creamy sauce and bacon.
Instant Pot Mississippi Mud Potatoes
I think there is a rule that if the word Mississippi is used in a recipe title it HAS to be good. Just think of the Mississippi Sin Dip and Mississippi Roast and Mississippi Mud Brownies. Good, good, good. Now add a new one to your list…Instant Pot Mississippi Mud Potatoes! These potatoes are named as such since, “They’re named for the famous river because they’re LONG on taste and MIGHTY good” (according to Mama Plus One).
I love the zippy taste that comes from the mayo. Typically I’m not a humongous lover of mayo and either is Greg. But the mayo in this recipe is essential to that zippy taste. Reagan asked, “what is in these potatoes? It’s so good!” The original recipe (I got from here and here) calls for twice as much mayo so I did cut it down a bit and added in sour cream in its place.
Greg cooked the bacon on our griddle outside (we love our Blackstone Griddle!). We loved using a thick cut peppered bacon for this recipe. Lots and lots of flavor! We kept the bacon in huge pieces instead of crumbling into bits. If you don’t like cooking bacon (me!) then you can always use real bacon crumbles for sake of ease. I like buying the big bag of bacon crumbles at Costco.
If you’d like more of a bubbly casserole type of potato dish you can add your potatoes to a casserole dish and bake for 20 minutes. You can also use an air fryer lid for this step. Or if you’re like me and ready to eat immediately you can skip this optional step! Whatever you do try these potatoes soon! I think you’ll really enjoy!
More Instant Pot Potato Recipes…
Order The Cookbook!
It’s now available! The 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook is here. With over 365 different recipes you’ll be able to find many, many family favorites. One reviewer said, “This is a wonderful resource for all IP techniques, suggestions, and recipes. Karen’s instructions are complete and easy to follow, even for IP newbies. With so many recipes, there’s one for anything I am looking for, and some surprises to try. This is a bargain!”
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.Print
A big pot of the most delicious and addictive potatoes you’ll ever eat. Cubed potatoes are coated with cheese, tangy, creamy sauce and bacon.
Equipment needed: steamer basket*
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 8 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced green onions
- 2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (I like sharp)
- 8 oz (half a package) bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Pour water into bottom of Instant Pot. Add the potatoes to a steamer basket. Lower the steamer basket into the Instant Pot.
- Cover Instant Pot and lock the lid into place. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes. When time is up move the valve to venting. Remove lid.
- Remove the steamer basket. Discard the water. Add potatoes into Instant Pot. Fold in the garlic salt, mayonnaise, sour cream, diced onions, cheese and bacon.
- Salt and pepper to taste, if needed.
- Optional step: Pour the potatoes into a baking dish and bake for 20 minutes at 350° F for a more casserole type of recipe (or you can use your air fryer lid for this part).
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
This recipe makes a lot. You can easily halve this recipe. Halve all the ingredients (except the water) and pressure cook for the same amount of time.
- Category: Side
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.