Instant Pot Breakfast Potatoes–-seasoned, buttery, cubed potatoes that are perfect to go with a hearty breakfast or when making breakfast for dinner.
Instant Pot Breakfast Potatoes (video)
I love all potatoes. Hash browns, mashed, fried, baked, tots, twice baked, funeral potatoes…all the potatoes, all the ways! Today’s potato recipe is no different. These cubed potatoes with plenty of seasoning and butter taste amazing and I could not stop myself from eating them. We served these at dinner time even though they are “breakfast potatoes.” Really you could serve these anytime…breakfast, snack, lunch or dinner. They are that good.
Topping ideas for Instant Pot breakfast potatoes
These potatoes are perfectly delicious plain but if you want to get creative you can add toppings. Here are a few ideas:
- Green onions
- Salsa or picante sauce or pico de gallo
- Bacon bits or cubed ham
- Sour cream
What equipment do I need to make this recipe?
You’ll need an Instant Pot (electric pressure cooker) and a steamer basket. I prefer this silicone steamer basket*. It is flexible and works perfectly with a 6 quart or 8 quart Instant Pot.
I love using this steamer basket for all my zero minute vegetables too. You can purchase this steamer basket on Amazon*.
More Instant Pot Breakfast Recipes…
Want more tried and true Instant Pot recipes?
Receive FREE daily Instant Pot recipes and tips in your email box. Sign up by filling out the gray form below. Other ways to follow: join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group and subscribe to my YouTube channel where I share Instant Pot stuff with you weekly.
Seasoned, buttery, cubed potatoes that are perfect to go with a hearty breakfast or when making breakfast for dinner.
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes, cubed (peeled or unpeeled)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Optional: green onions for garnish
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot liner. Place the potatoes in a steamer basket. Lower the steamer basket into the Instant Pot liner.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes (for firmer potatoes) or 3 minutes (for softer potatoes) on high pressure. When time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the steamer basket. Dump out the water and dry the pot. Place liner back into the Instant Pot. Turn pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt.
- Add in the steamed potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss the seasonings on the potatoes. Taste test and add more seasonings to taste.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and then serve the potatoes and enjoy. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot. For the 8 quart pot increase the amount of water you add under the steamer basket to 1.5 cups. For a 3 quart pot, follow recipe as written.
- Category: Potatoes
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.