Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes–easy to make and quick to cook, creamy and buttery mashed potatoes made with a tangy Greek yogurt twist.
Get the slow cooker version of this recipe
Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes with Greek Yogurt
As I’ve used my new Instant Pot one of the things I’ve been enjoying is trying some of my favorite slow cooker recipes in it. Some of them work great with no translation needed, others not so much. However these Instant Pot mashed potatoes turned out perfectly. If you’d like my slow cooker version of this recipe you can click here. For mashed potatoes that are creamy and flavorful thanks to the bay leaf and a couple of smashed garlic cloves, these are going to be your winner every single time. I’ve been making these mashed potatoes for years in the slow cooker and now if I need mashed potatoes in a hurry I’ll make the same recipe in my Instant Pot.
To give the potatoes a little twist I added in some full fat Greek yogurt and boy was it delicious. If you don’t have full fat yogurt, it’s fine, you can add in non fat. What if you don’t have yogurt? Just add in some sour cream. No sour cream? Just add in buttermilk. No buttermilk? Ok fine just use a little more milk. They’ll still turn out well. I’ve done it all of the ways I just mentioned and they still taste great.
Mashed Potato Madness
Slow Cooker Cauliflower Mash
Slow Cooker Holiday Mashed Potatoes with Bacon and Ricotta
Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes Recipe from Add a Pinch
Pressure Cooker Mashed Potatoes from Our Best Bites
What Instant Pot/Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes recipe I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon. When I made a similar recipe in the slow cooker I used this 6 quart KitchenAid Slow Cooker.
Send Me Free Recipes
If you’d like to see all the new recipes that I’m making sign up to receive my emails below! This is a free service and you can unsubscribe at any time.
- 2 1/2 pounds potatoes (I used half Russets and half Yukon gold, it was about 8 small to medium potatoes)
- 2 cups water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 peeled garlic cloves
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (I used full fat but you can use non fat or sour cream or even buttermilk if you want)
- 1/4 cup milk
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Peel and wash the potatoes and then cut them into quarters. Place them in your Instant Pot.
- Add in the water, 1 tsp salt, bay leaf and garlic cloves.
- Cover the pot and turn the valve to “sealing.” Press manual button and set the timer to 6 minutes. Once the timer beeps let the pot sit for 5 more minutes. Release the rest of the pressure by turning valve to “venting.”
- Open the pot and carefully remove the bay leaf. Drain the liquid (I use a colander for this part). Then add in butter, yogurt and milk. Mashed the potatoes with a potato masher. Salt and pepper to taste (I love using kosher salt and freshly ground pepper).
- Serve the mashed potatoes and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!