Slow Cooker Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes–these are my favorite mashed potatoes. Cubed potatoes are cooked for a few hours in your slow cooker with garlic cloves and bay leaf. Then they’re mashed with butter and buttermilk for ultimate creaminess and flavor.Print
- 3 pounds Russet potatoes (about 6 medium), peeled and cubed
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup warmed buttermilk (or you can use 1/4 cup milk and 1/4 cup plain greek yogurt)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place potatoes, water, garlic, bay leaf and salt in slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4-6 hours, or until potatoes are tender.
- Drain potatoes and discard the bay leaf. Mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a fork. Stir in the butter and buttermilk. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.