Instant Pot Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken—chicken tenders infused with lots of bright flavors. Green salsa, honey, lime, and plenty of seasonings will have you licking your plate! This chicken is perfect with rice, on tortillas, wrapped up in lettuce or plain.
Get the SLOW COOKER honey lime chicken recipe here
Instant Pot Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken
I expected this honey lime chicken to be tasty but wow it exceeded my expectations! It was so very flavorful. I will be making this recipe again and again. It would be so tasty served over rice or rolled up in a tortilla. Greg ate the leftovers on top of a salad for lunch the next day.
The cool thing about this recipe is that you can easily double the recipe and feed a crowd. Remember you don’t need to double the cooking time. Just double the ingredients and keep the same cooking time.
The key to getting intense flavor from this recipe is letting the sauce reduce down for a few minutes after the chicken has pressure cooked. The sauce gets ultra flavorful and all the flavors just pop. The good thing about reducing the sauce is that you really can just hit the saute button and walk away for ten minutes. No need to stand over the pot and stir.
Try out this Instant Pot Honey Lime Salsa Verde for dinner this week! It’s a perfect weeknight dinner.
More Instant Pot Chicken Ideas…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Chicken tenders infused with lots of bright flavors. Green salsa, honey, lime, and plenty of seasonings will have you licking your plate! This chicken is perfect with rice, on tortillas, wrapped up in lettuce or plain.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, frozen or fresh (or you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into the size of chicken tenders)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mild salsa verde
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Add the chicken and oil into the Instant Pot. Stir to coat the chicken in the oil. Then add in the chili powder, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin and black pepper. Toss to coat the chicken in the seasonings.
- Pour the lime juice into the pot and stir. Dump the salsa verde and honey on top of the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place the chicken on a platter. Then turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and let the juices boil and reduce down for 10 minutes. You don’t need to stir. Turn off the Instant Pot and then stir the chicken back into the pot and coat the chicken with the juices.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.