Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches—tender shredded chicken coated with a honey mustard sauce and then served with pickles on top of freshly baked buns.
Get the SLOW COOKER honey mustard chicken recipe here
Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches
Greg came up with the idea for this recipe and it was amazing. The sauce, the chicken, the pickles, the doritos, all of it. The leftover chicken was served over salad greens with sliced grapes and tomatoes. And that was almost equally delicious as the first night.
For this recipe the best choice for chicken is a combination of thighs and breasts. You get the white meat but also the flavor and tenderness from the dark meat. You can serve the chicken hot or cold, more like chicken salad sandwiches. I liked it warm.
I made homemade buns. I love this recipe from Taste of Home. It only takes 40 minutes for homemade yeast buns from start to finish! You really don’t have to let the dough raise so that’s why it’s fairly quick.
Add this easy 5 ingredient summer meal to your menu this week! Serve with chips and grapes or watermelon. Yum!
More Chicken Instant Pot Recipes…
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Honey Mustard Chicken Sandwiches I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
Tender shredded chicken coated with a honey mustard sauce and then served with pickles on top of freshly baked buns.
- 1 cup water
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs/breasts (or a combination of the two)
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Buns and sliced pickles for serving
- Pour water into the Instant Pot. Place trivet in the pot. Place the chicken on top of the trivet. Sprinkle the chicken with the seasoned salt.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 15 minutes (thawed chicken) or 20 minutes (frozen chicken). When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- In a bowl stir together the mustard, honey, mayonnaise and pepper. Use tongs to place the chicken into the bowl. Shred up the chicken and coat it with the sauce. Salt to taste.
- Serve chicken hot or cold on top of buns with sliced pickles.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.