Chicken tenders infused with lots of bright flavors. Green salsa, honey, lime, and plenty of seasonings will have you licking your plate! This chicken is perfect with rice, on tortillas, wrapped up in lettuce or plain.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, frozen or fresh (or you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into the size of chicken tenders)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mild salsa verde
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- Add the chicken and oil into the Instant Pot. Stir to coat the chicken in the oil. Then add in the chili powder, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin and black pepper. Toss to coat the chicken in the seasonings.
- Pour the lime juice into the pot and stir. Dump the salsa verde and honey on top of the chicken.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 4 minutes on high pressure. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use tongs to place the chicken on a platter. Then turn the Instant Pot to the saute setting and let the juices boil and reduce down for 10 minutes. You don’t need to stir. Turn off the Instant Pot and then stir the chicken back into the pot and coat the chicken with the juices.
- Serve and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot