Slow Cooker Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken—chicken tenders infused with lots of bright flavors. Green salsa, honey, lime, and plenty of seasonings will have you licking your plate! This chicken is perfect with rice, on tortillas, wrapped up in lettuce or plain.
Get the INSTANT POT honey lime salsa verde chicken recipe here
Slow Cooker Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken
I expected this honey lime chicken to be tasty but wow it exceeded my expectations! It was so very flavorful. I will be making this recipe again and again. It would be so tasty served over rice or rolled up in a tortilla. Greg ate the leftovers on top of a salad for lunch the next day.
This recipe uses chicken tenders and only takes a couple of hours to cook. This is a great recipe to throw into the crockpot at about 3 pm right before the kids come home from school. Then you can focus on the craziness and have dinner ready to go at 6 pm. Perfect! I love the crockpot for serving in shifts as well. It works out so perfectly for busy families that are shuttling back and forth between different activities.
Try out this Slow Cooker Honey Lime Salsa Verde for dinner this week! It’s a perfect weeknight dinner.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Ideas…
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Honey Lime Salsa Verde Chicken I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
Chicken tenders infused with lots of bright flavors. Green salsa, honey, lime, and plenty of seasonings will have you licking your plate! This chicken is perfect with rice, on tortillas, wrapped up in lettuce or plain.
- 2 pounds chicken tenders, frozen or fresh (or you can use boneless skinless chicken breasts sliced into the size of chicken tenders)
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp chili powder
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 1 cup mild salsa verde
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Add the chicken and oil into the slow cooker. Stir to coat the chicken in the oil. Then add in the chili powder, kosher salt, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika, cumin and black pepper. Toss to coat the chicken in the seasonings. Stir in the salsa verde, honey and lime juice.
- Cover and cook on low for 2-4 hours (every slow cooker cooks differently).
- Remove the lid and serve as is or if you want more flavor you can reduce the juices on the stove by boiling for about 10 minutes. Serve topped with fresh cilantro.
Recipe adapted from Carlsbad Cravings.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.