Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole–hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, cheddar and spinach are all combined to make a scrumptious breakfast casserole that is perfect for a weekend breakfast or even breakfast for dinner.
Get the SLOW COOKER Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole
I love making breakfast for dinner. Breakfast foods at breakfast time don’t always work out. Either I’m not hungry or I’m in too big of a hurry to make something like bacon and eggs or waffles. That’s why it’s fun to have one day a week where I serve breakfast for dinner.
This Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole is a winner! I couldn’t believe how nicely it cooked in the pressure cooker. The consistency of the eggs wasn’t weird or anything. I was a little nervous how pressure cooked eggs would turn out, but they did!
This is a simple casserole and it could really be changed in a lot of ways and still be good. For example, swap out the bacon bits with bite-size pieces of sausage or cubed ham. You could throw in a chopped red pepper or some sundried tomatoes for some extra color and flavor. Try a different kind of cheese. It’s really up to you and your preferences.
More recipes you’ll love…
Today is National Bacon Day so I’m celebrating by sharing with you some amazing recipes with bacon!
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Hashbrowns, eggs, bacon, cheddar and spinach are all combined to make a scrumptious breakfast casserole that is perfect for a weekend breakfast or even breakfast for dinner.
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup frozen hashbrowns
- Salt and pepper
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 1/2 cup bacon bits
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Beat eggs. In a bowl whisk together the eggs and the half and half. Add in 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper. Set aside.
- Layer ingredients. Spray an oven safe dish that will fit inside your Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray. I used my Fat Daddios 7 inch by 3 inch cake pan*. Layer the hashbrowns in the bottom of the pan. Lightly salt and pepper the hashbrowns. Then layer on the spinach, bacon bits and finally the cheddar. Pour the egg mixture over the top of everything.
- Prepare to cook. Pour 1 cup of water in the bottom of your Instant Pot. Place a trivet* in the bottom of the pot. Cover your casserole pan loosely with foil. Use a foil sling or silicone sling to lower the pan into the Instant Pot, on top of the trivet.
- Pressure cook. Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes on high pressure. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting.
- Serve. Open the pot and carefully use the sling to remove the pan. Remove the foil. Cut the casserole and serve. If you prefer you can stick the casserole under your oven’s broiler for a couple minutes.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Serving Size: 1/6 of recipe
- Calories: 204
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 364 mg
- Fat: 14 g
- Carbohydrates: 5 g
- Protein: 14 g
Keywords: casserole, breakfast, bacon, eggs
Send Me Free Recipes
Like this recipe for Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.