Crust-less quiche-like bites of eggs, cheese and whatever mix-ins you want. They’re protein packed and a perfect portable breakfast.
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup milk or cottage cheese
- Salt and pepper
- ½ cup grated cheese of your choice
- ½ cup of a combination of mix-ins of your choice
- Add eggs and milk or cottage cheese to a blender. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Add in the cheese and mix-ins of your choice.
- Spray your silicone egg mold with non-stick cooking spray. Then dip a ¼ cup measuring cup into the egg mixture and fill each of the impressions in the mold. They can be filled almost to the very top.
- Pour 1 cup of water into the Instant Pot liner. Place the egg mold onto a trivet/sling and carefully lower the mold into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 8 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Use hot pads to remove the sling and egg bite mold from the pot. Invert the mold onto a plate to remove egg bites or use a spoon to carefully scoop out each egg bite.
Mix and match these additional ingredients if desired. I used cubed ham, diced tomatoes and chopped spinach. Some ideas are: Ham, Bacon, Sausage, Pepperoni, Fresh herbs–parsley, cilantro, basil, Chopped spinach, Tomatoes, Bell peppers, Green onions, Mushrooms, Caramelized onions, Minced garlic
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Instant Pot