Instant Pot Cheeseburger Breakfast Casserole—a low carb egg dish that has bacon, beef, cheddar and pickles. This easy quiche-like dish is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It reminds of the Starbucks egg bites.
Get the SLOW COOKER cheeseburger breakfast casserole recipe here
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Breakfast Casserole
You know what’s fun? The fact that you can make so many different types of dishes in your Instant Pot…from dried beans to roast beef to chocolate cake and to breakfast quiche. We ate this breakfast casserole for dinner and absolutely loved it. The pickles, lettuce and tomatoes just put it over the top. Greg even added a little squirt of mustard on his to make the cheeseburger experience complete. I don’t eat a low carb diet (obviously) but this recipe is low carb and tastes delicious. If you’re a fan of the Star Bucks egg bites I think you’ll love this egg casserole.
You’ll Also Love…
What Equipment Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Cheeseburger Breakfast Casserole I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
A low carb egg dish that has bacon, beef, cheddar and pickles. This easy quiche-like dish is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It reminds of the Starbucks egg bites.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (or bacon bits)
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup heavy cream
- ⅓ cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce, for serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up*. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the beef, bacon, cream, dill pickles and cheddar cheese.
- Spray an oven-safe pan that fits inside of your Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray. I used this Fat Daddios pan*. Then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Loosely cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then use a sling/trivet* to lower the pan into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Slice the casserole and top with diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
Recipe adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.