Instant Pot Cheeseburger Breakfast Casserole—a low carb egg dish that has bacon, beef, cheddar and pickles. This easy quiche-like dish is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It reminds of the Starbucks egg bites.
Get the SLOW COOKER cheeseburger breakfast casserole recipe here
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Breakfast Casserole
You know what’s fun? The fact that you can make so many different types of dishes in your Instant Pot…from dried beans to roast beef to chocolate cake and to breakfast quiche. We ate this breakfast casserole for dinner and absolutely loved it. The pickles, lettuce and tomatoes just put it over the top. Greg even added a little squirt of mustard on his to make the cheeseburger experience complete. I don’t eat a low carb diet (obviously) but this recipe is low carb and tastes delicious. If you’re a fan of the Star Bucks egg bites I think you’ll love this egg casserole.
You’ll Also Love…
Instant Pot Bacon Cheddar Egg Casserole
Instant Pot Sausage Gravy and Biscuits
What Equipment Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Cheeseburger Breakfast Casserole I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.
I used my OXO Sling* to lower my Fat Daddios Pan* into my Instant Pot. I love this sling/trivet. It works perfectly for pot-in-pot recipes like this Instant Pot cheeseburger breakfast casserole.
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Breakfast Casserole
- Prep Time: 15 mintues
- Cook Time: 22 minutes (plus 10 minute NPR)
- Total Time: 50 minutes
- Yield: 6–8 servings 1x
A low carb egg dish that has bacon, beef, cheddar and pickles. This easy quiche-like dish is perfect for breakfast or dinner. It reminds of the Starbucks egg bites.
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked and crumbled bacon (or bacon bits)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- Diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce, for serving
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up*. Add in the garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper. Brown the beef for about 5 minutes. Drain off any grease.
- Beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Then stir in the beef, bacon, cream, dill pickles and cheddar cheese.
- Spray an oven-safe pan that fits inside of your Instant Pot with non-stick cooking spray. I used this Fat Daddios pan*. Then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Loosely cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of the Instant Pot. Then use a sling/trivet* to lower the pan into the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 22 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Slice the casserole and top with diced tomatoes and shredded lettuce.
Recipe adapted from Kalyn’s Kitchen
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.
this is JUST the IP breakfast recipe I’ve been looking for! Thanks! I want to try the PIP method but am avoiding cooking in aluminum for brain health. As long as a round casserole dish fits inside my IP, it should work, correct?
Yep! should be great.
Thanks for this recipe! It was really good! I made it without the pickles, and I only had 1/4 cup of cream on hand so I had to use 1/4 cup of skim milk. I only used half the black pepper required too. Next time, I plan to eat this with a side of grits!
Glad you liked it Sabrina! I love the pickles you need to try them next time!
Jim Burbridge says
If I use an 8 quart Insta Pot instead of a 6 quart what size Fat Dadio pan would you recommend?
You can use the 7 inch by 4 inch pan with great results or the 7 by 3 inch is also a trusty helper.
Steve E says
If I were to halve the number of eggs and other ingredients, would I still use the same cook time? I use the pan you recommend in the recipe and the casserole comes all the way to the top of the pan after cooking. Would like something that isn’t quite so thick.
I also changed out the hamburger with Jimmy Dean Hot Sausage and added 2 4oz cans of diced Hatch green chiles. So good! thanks!
Yes use the same cooking time. Your version sounds so tasty!
Brenda Johnston says
I mixed this together last night to eat this morning on Mother’s Day. I did make a few alterations though…I used Jimmy Dean breakfast sausage instead of the ground beef and used a small 4 oz can of chopped chile peppers instead of the pickles. I increased the cook time in the IP to 25 minutes and then let sit for 10 before releasing the steam, however the middle was not cooked enough. I did cook it longer, and it was delicious!!! Will be making again, and this time I think I’ll do in the IP for 30 Mins and see if its cooked completely then next time! I love your recipes and they are easy and delicious…Karen, keep up the great work! Happy Mother’s Day and thank you!
Thank you! Happy Mothers Day to you too Brenda 😊
Could the heavy whipping cream be replaced with yogurt?
Instant pot cheeseburger breakfast casserole: could I do all the way including step 3 the night before and cook it in the morning?
Yes I bet that would work. The pan will be cold so you may want to add a couple of minutes to the pressure cooking time.