Instant Pot Chicken White Bean Spinach Soup–a healthy and easy recipe for any night of the week. Shredded white meat chicken is enveloped in a flavorful broth and surrounded by seasoned white beans, petite diced tomatoes and fresh spinach.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken White Bean Spinach Soup
Oh, is it time for soup and bread yet? Today is just going to be dipping below 90 degrees but I can’t wait any longer. I love soup season so much. I love the everything-goes-into-one pot-and we slurp it out of bowls and serve it with freshly baked bread type of meal.
If you’re like me I think you’re really going to like this Instant Pot Chicken White Bean Spinach Soup. It’s healthy and totally flavorful. I started the soup by using the handy dandy sauté function on my Instant Pot. I heated up a bit of olive oil and sautéed some diced onion and minced garlic. My kitchen smelled amazing. I love starting a meal with the combination of onions and garlic. Then I added in some white beans, tomatoes, spices and chicken breasts and let it cook for 10 minutes on high pressure. Once the pressure was released I removed the chicken and shred it up. It shredded so nicely and I patted my Instant Pot once again for doing a job well done. Then I stirred in some fresh spinach and ladled the soup into bowls. We topped ours with some croutons and a little Parmesan cheese. I am so glad we have some leftovers because this is going to make a perfect lunch for tomorrow!
More Must-Try Instant Pot Soups
Loaded Cauliflower Soup from Kalyn’s Kitchen
Cheddar Broccoli and Potato Soup from Center Cut Cook
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
For this Instant Pot Chicken White Bean Spinach Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
A healthy and easy recipe for any night of the week. Shredded white meat chicken is enveloped in a flavorful broth and surrounded by seasoned white beans, petite diced tomatoes and fresh spinach.
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 3 tsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (I used S&W Lightly Seasoned White Beans)
- 1 1/2 lbs (24 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (this was 2 chicken breast halves for me)
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- Optional for serving: Parmesan cheese and croutons
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. Use the adjust button to change it to “normal.” Heat up the olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the diced onion followed by the garlic. Stir for 2 minutes, until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant. Add in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, sugar, basil, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, beans and chicken breasts.
- Cover and secure the lid of the Instant Pot. Make sure valve is on “sealing.” Set the timer to 10 minutes on manual (high pressure). When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken or cut it into pieces. Add the chicken back into the pot. Stir in the spinach. Ladle into bowls and serve with croutons and Parmesan, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love instant pot/crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!