Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Rice Soup–a flavorful soup with tender bites of chicken, chewy brown rice and flavorful basil pesto made in minutes in your pressure cooker.
Instant Pot Pesto Chicken Rice Soup
Today I made a healthy and delicious soup in the pressure cooker in a matter of minutes. I couldn’t believe how quickly this soup was made considering it had frozen chicken and uncooked brown rice in it! I love the slow cooker version of this pesto chicken rice soup so I felt I should give it a go in the Instant Pot. It was a great choice and my whole family was super happy with the results.
You might also like to see–>>slow cooker soup recipes<<–
You’ll make this instant pot chicken pesto rice soup by piling chicken, broth, vegetables, rice and seasonings into your pressure cooker. I like to use the saute function while I’m prepping and adding ingredients into the Instant Pot so that the pot can start warming up and it will cut down on the total cooking time. You’ll then set the cooking time to 22 minutes. My pot took 6 minutes to come to pressure, then it cooked for 22 minutes and then I let the pressure release for 10 minutes before I opened the pot. So total time in the pressure cooker was 38 minutes. Not bad at all! The rice was cooked to perfection and the chicken came out fork tender. You’ll then stir in some dairy and the pesto and serve it up!
What Instant Pot Did You Use?
For these pressure cooker easy to peel hard boiled eggs I used this Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. It’s 6 quarts, so the same size as most slow cookers. It cost me around $80 on Amazon.
Send Me Free Recipes
If you’d like to see all the new recipes that I’m making sign up to receive my emails below! This is a free service and you can unsubscribe at any time.
A flavorful soup with tender bites of chicken, chewy brown rice and flavorful basil pesto made in minutes in your pressure cooker
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water with chicken bouillon)
- 2 carrots, sliced into quarter inch rounds
- 2 ribs of celery, sliced into quarter into pieces
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 3 frozen boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3/4 cup brown rice
- 1 1/2 cups milk or half and half, warmed
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- Turn Instant Pot to saute to warm up while you add ingredient to pot. Add broth, carrots, celery, onions, oregano, garlic powder, chicken and brown rice to the Instant Pot.
- Secure the lid and turn valve to sealing. Turn off the saute function, press manual and enter 22 minutes.
- Once the 22 minutes is up the pressure cooker will beep. Let it sit for 10 minutes. Then turn the valve to venting. Remove the lid and stir in warmed milk or half and half if you want it more creamy. Make sure that it’s warmed up or else the soup will curdle. Stir in the pesto.
- Ladle into bowl and serve.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot for this recipe.
My IP took 6 minutes to come to pressure, 22 minutes to cook and then 10 minutes to release the pressure.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!