This post was sponsored by S&W Beans and all opinions expressed in my post are my own.
Slow Cooker Chicken White Bean Spinach Soup–a healthy and easy slow cooker recipe for any night of the week. Shredded white meat chicken is enveloped in a flavorful broth and surrounded by lightly seasoned white beans, petite diced tomatoes and fresh spinach.
Slow Cooker Chicken White Bean Spinach Soup
Oh, is it time for soup and bread yet? Today is just going to be dipping below 90 degrees but I can’t wait any longer. I love soup season so much. I love the everything-goes-into-one pot-and we slurp it out of bowls and serve it with freshly baked bread type of meal. It’s back to school season and to me that means soups! Now whether or not the weather cooperates, that’s a different story.
I have a great back to school, fall recipe for you today. If you’re like me I think you’re really going to like this Slow Cooker Chicken White Bean Spinach Soup. It’s healthy and totally flavorful. I started the soup by sautéeing some diced onion and a bit of garlic. My kitchen smelled amazing. I love starting a meal with the combination of onions and garlic. Then I added in some S&W® White Beans, tomatoes, spices and chicken breasts into the slow cooker and let it do its thing for several hours. Once the chicken was cooked I shredded it up and added a pop of color into the soup with some fresh spinach. We topped ours with some croutons and a little Parmesan cheese. I am so glad we have some leftovers because this is going to make a perfect lunch for tomorrow!
More Bean Recipes
One thing that I really enjoyed about this soup was the quality of the beans. S&W Beans has the highest standards in the industry. Their beans not only taste great, they look great too. They look like the pictures on the cans! Amazing, I know. I love keeping several cans of the different varieties of S&W Beans in my pantry for those nights when I need the convenience of canned beans. Some of my favorite varieties are their 50% less sodium and organic varieties. If you’d like to try out S&W Beans you can get a coupon offer now through 12/31/2017. S&W Beans is offering $1 off 2 cans of S&W Beans. Get (and print) your coupon from the S&W Beans .
Here are some recipes I think you may like:
A healthy and easy recipe for any night of the week. Shredded white meat chicken is enveloped in a flavorful broth and surrounded by seasoned white beans, petite diced tomatoes and fresh spinach.
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 3 tsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (I used S&W Lightly Seasoned White Beans)
- 1 1/2 lbs (24 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (this was 2 chicken breast halves for me)
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- Optional for serving: Parmesan cheese and croutons
- Heat the oil in a pan on the stove over medium high heat. Add in the diced onion followed by the garlic. Stir for 2 minutes, until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant. Transfer mixture to the slow cooker
- Add in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, sugar, basil, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, beans and chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on low for about 6 hours.
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken or cut it into pieces. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker. Stir in the spinach. Ladle into bowls and serve with croutons and Parmesan, if desired.
Get the INSTANT POT version of the recipe here
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me Free Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love instant pot/crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.