A healthy and easy recipe for any night of the week. Shredded white meat chicken is enveloped in a flavorful broth and surrounded by seasoned white beans, petite diced tomatoes and fresh spinach.
- 1 1/2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 cups chicken broth (or 3 cups water and 3 tsp better than bouillon chicken base)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes, with juices
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 (14.5 oz) cans white beans, rinsed and drained (I used S&W Lightly Seasoned White Beans)
- 1 1/2 lbs (24 oz) boneless, skinless chicken breasts (this was 2 chicken breast halves for me)
- 2 cups packed fresh spinach
- Optional for serving: Parmesan cheese and croutons
- Turn your Instant Pot to saute. Use the adjust button to change it to “normal.” Heat up the olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Add in the diced onion followed by the garlic. Stir for 2 minutes, until onions are translucent and garlic is fragrant. Add in the chicken broth, diced tomatoes, sugar, basil, parsley, oregano, salt, pepper, beans and chicken breasts.
- Cover and secure the lid of the Instant Pot. Make sure valve is on “sealing.” Set the timer to 10 minutes on manual (high pressure). When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board. Shred the chicken or cut it into pieces. Add the chicken back into the pot. Stir in the spinach. Ladle into bowls and serve with croutons and Parmesan, if desired.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot