Seasoned, buttery, cubed potatoes that are perfect to go with a hearty breakfast or when making breakfast for dinner.
- 1 ½ pounds russet potatoes, cubed (peeled or unpeeled)
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- Optional: green onions for garnish
- Pour 1 cup of water into the bottom of your Instant Pot liner. Place the potatoes in a steamer basket. Lower the steamer basket into the Instant Pot liner.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 2 minutes (for firmer potatoes) or 3 minutes (for softer potatoes) on high pressure. When time is up move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Remove the steamer basket. Dump out the water and dry the pot. Place liner back into the Instant Pot. Turn pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and let it melt.
- Add in the steamed potatoes, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne. Toss the seasonings on the potatoes. Taste test and add more seasonings to taste.
- Turn off the Instant Pot and then serve the potatoes and enjoy. Garnish with green onions, if desired.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot. For the 8 quart pot increase the amount of water you add under the steamer basket to 1.5 cups. For a 3 quart pot, follow recipe as written.
- Category: Potatoes
- Method: Instant Pot