Instant Pot Creamy Beef and Penne–ground beef, garlic, penne pasta, fire roasted tomatoes, cream cheese, spinach and pine nuts cooked quickly and in one pot, your Instant Pot. An amazing pasta dish that your whole family will love!
Instant Pot Creamy Beef and Penne
I think you’re really going to like this pasta dish! I’ve been making a similar recipe called Thieves Pasta for years but it was a meatless dish. I took that recipe and added in the beef and made a few changes for this Instant Pot version. It was a winner and was devoured within minutes. Try it out at your house and let me know what you think!
A few notes about the ingredients:
Pasta: I used whole wheat penne pasta. You can use regular penne, cavatappi, rigatoni and many other types of pasta for this recipe.
Lean ground beef: Because my beef was so lean I didn’t have any grease to drain off. If you use a fattier beef you may need to drain off the grease before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
Ground red pepper: the red pepper gives this pasta the slightest of kicks. You can leave this out if you prefer.
Fire roasted tomatoes: I used Hunt’s fire roasted tomatoes with garlic but you can also just use a can of regular diced tomatoes. The dish won’t have as much pizzazz but it will still taste good.
More Instant Pot beef recipes you’ll love…
See all my beef recipes
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Creamy Beef and Penne I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*. I love this Instant Pot because it has the yogurt making function which I use almost weekly. It has two pressure settings (high and low), and there are also little slots in the handles so that you can rest the lid there instead of putting it down on your counter-top.Print
Ground beef, garlic, penne pasta, fire roasted tomatoes, cream cheese, spinach and pine nuts cooked quickly and in one pot, your Instant Pot. An amazing pasta dish that your whole family will love!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 8 ounces uncooked penne pasta (I used whole wheat pasta)
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can fire roasted tomatoes
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1/4 tsp ground red pepper
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 4 ounces (half a brick) cream cheese
- 3 cups coarsely chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- Turn your Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the ground beef and break it up*. Sprinkle in the salt. Brown the beef. Then add in the garlic. Stir in just ¼ cup of the broth and scrape the bottom of the pot. Use a spoon to spread the beef evenly in the bottom of the pot.
- Add in the pasta in an even layer. Pour the rest of broth over the top. Don’t stir. Add in the tomatoes, sugar, tomato paste, ground red pepper and basil. Don’t stir.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure button to 4 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Stir in the cream cheese and spinach and pine nuts. The cream cheese will melt fairly quickly. Stir until incorporated.
- Scoop onto serving dishes and enjoy!
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1*.
- Category: Pasta
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: Italian
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.