A moist apple cake that isn’t overly sweet and has the taste of fall with cinnamon and chopped apples.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tbsp melted butter
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 cup chopped apples (with or without peels)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- In a mixing bowl whisk together the brown sugar, butter, egg and milk until smooth. Then stir in the baking soda, vanilla, flour, apples, cinnamon and salt until combined.
- Pour the batter into a greased mini bundt cake pan*. Smooth the top. Then loosely cover the pan with foil.
- Pour 1 ½ cups of water into the bottom of inner liner of the Instant Pot.
- Place the cake pan on a trivet/sling and lower it into the bottom of your Instant Pot liner.
- Cover the Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure the valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 45 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 more minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid. Let the cake sit for 5 more minutes and then invert the cake onto a plate.
You can bake this in the oven. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes. You can use the half size bundt cake pan or an 8×8 square baking dish.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot