Instant Pot American Delight Casserole is like a bacon cheeseburger and mac and cheese together in one amazing dish. Don’t forget the dill pickles on top!
Instant Pot American Delight Casserole
Are you in love with bacon cheeseburgers? Just try this Instant Pot American Delight Casserole that celebrates the bacon cheeseburger and macaroni and cheese in one easy one pot meal. What could be more American than that? (apple pie? yes, probably…but this is good too).
You’ll start this recipe by frying some bacon. I cut each slice of bacon into small ½ inch pieces with kitchen shears. Then you’ll brown some ground beef. Throw in broth, macaroni noodles, pickles, ketchup and mustard and pressure cook for 5 minutes. Stir in some cheese and the previously cooked bacon. That’s it! Serve topped with more pickles (garlic dill are my favorite) and some diced tomatoes.
Try serving this casserole with a green side salad or some raw veggies with ranch dip. If there are any leftovers you can store them in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. I haven’t tried freezing this dish but I bet it would do just okay. The one thing I worry about is the pasta. It might be a little mushy.
If you like this recipe you’ll probably also like bacon cheeseburger soup. It is one of my favorite recipes on my website. It is so good. Too bad it’s like 100 degrees outside right now. Oh well this amazing pasta dish will have to do until fall.
You’ll Also Like…
25 American Instant Pot Recipes–lots of favorites like buffalo wings, ribs and meatloaf!
Instant Pot Recipes From All 50 States–an Instant Pot recipe inspired by each of the 50 states!
Instant Pot Mom’s Goulash–a macaroni tomato sauce casserole
Instant Pot Sloppy Joe Casserole–A sloppy joe and macaroni and cheese mash-up meal!
Want More Tried And True Instant Pot Recipes?
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
- 6 slices bacon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 3/4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- 1/3 cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or 8 oz amercian cheese slices)
- For topping: pickles and diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Turn Instant Pot sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the bacon and fry until crispy. Move bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Discard the grease.
- Add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the diced onions and brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir garlic powder, pepper and salt into the meat. Pour the broth into the Instant Pot and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Sprinkle in the macaroni. Dump tomatoes over the top. Add in the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and diced pickles.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting and remove lid.
- Stir in cheese and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto plates and top each serving with some pickles and tomatoes.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.