- 6 slices bacon, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup diced onions
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 ¾ cups chicken broth
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 1 (14.5 oz) petite diced tomatoes
- ⅓ cup ketchup or tomato sauce
- 2 Tbsp yellow or Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup diced dill pickles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or 8 oz amercian cheese slices)
- For topping: pickles and diced tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- Turn Instant Pot sauté setting. When display says HOT add in the bacon and fry until crispy. Move bacon to a paper towel lined plate. Discard the grease.
- Add in the ground beef and break it up. Add in the diced onions and brown for about 5 minutes. Drain off any excess grease.
- Stir garlic powder, pepper and salt into the meat. Pour the broth into the Instant Pot and scrape the bottom of the pot so that nothing is sticking.
- Sprinkle in the macaroni. Dump tomatoes over the top. Add in the ketchup, mustard, Worcestershire sauce and diced pickles.
- Cover Instant Pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the manual/pressure cook button to 5 minutes. When time is up let pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move valve to venting and remove lid.
- Stir in cheese and bacon. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Scoop onto plates and top each serving with some pickles and tomatoes.
- Category: Beef
- Method: Instant Pot