With rising prices we are all feeling the pinch when we see our grocery bill. These 7 inflation proof recipes are cheap and economical and should help you keep your budget in check.
7 Inflation Proof Recipes
With milk, egg and ground beef prices raising through the roof going grocery shopping can be discouraging. Oh and have you noticed the crazy cost of bacon?! Oh man. I don’t even want to think about it. By choosing meals that are less meat based and more grain or legume based you can save money and still have protein.
Some tips to help you with your grocery budget:
- Chicken can still be found at a reasonable price (if you shop the sales) and stretches far.
- Check the ads and stock up when there is a sale on items you use. For example, when I was at Winco the other day I saw that ground beef was less that $3 a pound so I bought several pounds.
- Beans are cheap and when paired with rice can be a complete meal.
- Use cheese but try using half as much as a recipe calls for. Try buying extra sharp so the flavor is potent without using a lot of the cheese block.
- Eat meatless a few times a week! Here are some meatless recipes you can make in your Instant Pot or slow cooker.
Here are 7 recipes that might help you keep your budget in check. These are all tasty dinners too! You don’t have to sacrifice flavor! Enjoy!
Pasta with your choice of ground meat, chili beans, salsa and cheese. An easy recipe that can be made into a freezer meal. Mix and match what you have on hand to make an inexpensive dinner tonight!
Start with dried pinto beans (cheap!) and cook them all day while you’re at work. Add in some salt, cumin, garlic powder and tomato sauce and you have dinner (or lunch)!
If you’re feeling the pinch of your grocery bill try making this easy chicken and rice recipe. This dump and go, 4 ingredient Instant Pot recipe comes together super fast.
Smoked sausage, yukon gold potatoes, green peppers, onions and seasonings make an inexpensive but totally delicious meal! Make this fast in your Instant Pot!
Mix and match ingredients to make a soup exactly to your liking and what you have in your refrigerator/pantry at this moment! Shopping your pantry and freezer is the best because you don’t have to pay at the register.
Shredded chicken breasts, black beans and salsa in a creamy, cheesy sauce with loads of flavor. Perfect for serving over nachos or rice or rolled up in burritos or enchiladas.
(Make this one with ground turkey or ground pork instead of ground beef). This is a tex mex casserole that makes enough for 2 pans…one for now and one to freeze for later. With a few pantry friendly ingredients and a couple fresh items you can make this for dinner tonight.
More Budget Friendly Dinner Ideas You’ll Love…
You might also like…
- Instant Pot Recipes For College Students
- 5 Instant Pot And Slow Cooker Beans And Rice Recipes
- 10 Instant Pot Meals Under $10
- 5 Dollar Instant Pot And Slow Cooker Dinners
Get a daily Instant Pot recipe delivered to your email!
Stay in touch!
- Sign up to receive daily Instant Pot recipes (it’s FREE)
- Join the 365 Days of Instant Pot Recipes Facebook group
- Subscribe to my YouTube channel
- Buy the 365 Days of Pressure Cooking Cookbook
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.