Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken—This easy chicken teriyaki recipe uses a homemade sauce made with pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory. You can even use frozen chicken! Make it a meal by serving it with rice, pineapple chunks and shredded cabbage.
Get the INSTANT POT teriyaki chicken recipe here
Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Today I am sad. The reason? Because we ate all of this teriyaki chicken and there is none left. I shouldn’t fret though because I can make it again in just a few minutes and even pull frozen chicken out of my freezer without thawing it. I absolutely loved the combination of bites of tender chicken with the rice, cabbage and sweet pineapple. It was a winner!
I used a combination of chicken thighs and chicken breasts for this recipe. This is my preference because you get the best of both worlds–the healthier white meat chicken with the tender dark meat chicken. I used about 1 ½ pounds of thighs and 1 pound of breasts. If you’d like, you can just use one or the other.
More Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes…
See all my Slow Cooker Chicken Recipes
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Teriyaki Chicken I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
This easy chicken teriyaki recipe uses a homemade sauce made with pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory. You can even use frozen chicken! Make it a meal by serving it with rice, pineapple chunks and shredded cabbage.
- 2 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts (a combination is best in my opinion)
- 1 (20 oz) can sliced pineapple in pineapple juice
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 1 1/2 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- Optional items for teriyaki bowls: cooked rice, shredded cabbage, smashed avocado, sriracha sauce
- Place chicken in your slow cooker. Open the can of pineapple and pour ¼ cup of the juice into a bowl. Set the pineapple aside for later. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, sriracha, sesame oil and brown sugar into the bowl. Stir together. Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the lid and shred the chicken. Add chicken back into the sauce.
- Serve the chicken in a bowl with rice, pineapple, smashed avocado, cabbage and a drizzle of sriracha.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
If you use frozen chicken cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.