This easy chicken teriyaki recipe uses a homemade sauce made with pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, garlic and ginger. It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory. You can even use frozen chicken! Make it a meal by serving it with rice, pineapple chunks and shredded cabbage.
- 2 ½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs and breasts (a combination is best in my opinion)
- 1 (20 oz) can sliced pineapple in pineapple juice
- ⅓ cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari sauce
- 2 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp grated fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic cloves
- 1 ½ tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- Optional items for teriyaki bowls: cooked rice, shredded cabbage, smashed avocado, sriracha sauce
- Place chicken in your slow cooker. Open the can of pineapple and pour ¼ cup of the juice into a bowl. Set the pineapple aside for later. Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar, ginger, garlic, sriracha, sesame oil and brown sugar into the bowl. Stir together. Pour the mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Cover your slow cooker and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the lid and shred the chicken. Add chicken back into the sauce.
- Serve the chicken in a bowl with rice, pineapple, smashed avocado, cabbage and a drizzle of sriracha.
I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.*
If you use frozen chicken cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Slow Cooker