Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Soup–a healthy and creamy slow cooker soup with pureed and seasoned cauliflower and bright green broccoli florets with a bit of cream and Parmesan cheese.
Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Soup
So it’s January. And for many of us that means healthy recipes. My personal New Year’s Resolution is to eat vegetables with every meal. So far it’s going pretty well. I love goals that are framed in a positive format such as “eat vegetables with every meal” instead of “cut out sugar.” It helps me so much to have a positive spin on my goals instead of the “you can’t have that” types of resolutions.
So if you’re like me and trying to eat a lot more vegetables you’ll love this recipe. It’s like a creamy broccoli cheese soup but instead of flour, butter, cream and cheese as the base of the soup it’s a cooked and pureed cauliflower base. There is a bit of Parmesan cheese and a quarter cup of cream in the soup but that little bit goes a long way for flavor. My family (kind of surprisingly) loved this soup. I didn’t know what they’d think about pureed cauliflower but they loved it. My husband took the leftovers to work the next day, which I was sort of sad about since I wanted to eat them for lunch 🙂
Other slow cooker cauliflower recipes
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Soup I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker. I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
- 2 lbs cauliflower florets
- 2 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 chopped green onions (green and white parts)
- 1 (12 oz) package of frozen broccoli florets
- 3 oz grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Salt and pepper
- Add the cauliflower, chicken broth, onion powder, garlic powder, thyme, salt, pepper and green onions to the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or on LOW for 7-8 hours.
- Pour the contents of the slow cooker into a blender. Puree (making sure to vent for the steam). Pour the cauliflower puree back into the slow cooker.
- Stir in the broccoli, Parmesan and cream. Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 10 minutes.
- Remove the lid and salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and top with extra cheese, if desired.
- Serving Size: 6 servings
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!