Slow Cooker Creamy Cauliflower and Potato Soup—With a velvety smooth texture, this cauliflower soup is ultra comforting and feels indulgent but it’s surprisingly healthy. Each serving only contains 183 calories and will warm you right up!
Related: Instant Pot Creamy Cauliflower Soup
I was a little nervous about this soup and trying it out on my kids so I just made a small batch. However, when my kids got home from school they wolfed down their bowls of soup and asked for more. By the time my husband got home there was nothing left.
This recipe is similar to the Zupas Copy Cat Cauliflower Soup recipe that I posted but without all the butter and cheese so it’s much healthier. And to tell you the truth I think I actually prefer this recipe. Instead of going straight cauliflower like the Zupas version, this one contains some yellow potatoes which actually give a nice, buttery flavor. The texture is spot on and super creamy.
More soup recipes to try…
- 1 cup diced white or yellow onion
- 2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp canola oil
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 6 cups chicken broth (or 6 cups vegetable broth)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 16 oz (1 pound) yellow potatoes
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup half and half (or heavy cream)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup diced Green onion (optional)
- 1/2 grated cheddar (optional)
- 1/2 cup bacon bits (optional)
- Combine onion, garlic, oil, nutmeg and cayenne pepper in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave for 5 minutes, stirring every 90 seconds or so. Transfer the mixture to the slow cooker.
- Add the broth to the slow cooker.
- Cut the cauliflower into florets. Add to the slow cooker.
- Peel the potatoes and cut into cubes. Add into the slow cooker. Add in ½ tsp salt.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 4-6 hours or on LOW for 6-8 hours.
- Remove the lid and add contents of slow cooker to a large blender (you may have to work in batches). Blend until smooth and creamy. Add soup back into the slow cooker.
- Add in half and half. Salt and pepper the soup to taste.
- Pour soup into individual bowls and top each with green onions, cheddar and bacon.
Recipe adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Healthy Slow Cooker Revolution
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.