Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti–creamy spaghetti with shredded chicken blasted with tons of flavor from seasonings and a can of Rotel. An easy weeknight dinner that your whole family will love. Get dinner “done” early in the day by making this in your slow cooker.
Get the Instant Pot version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
This slow cooker chicken spaghetti must make it on your menu this week. I’m seriously in love with this dinner. It is so creamy and yet so flavorful. My whole family loved this dish!
You start this recipe with a can of rotel. Rotel is just diced tomatoes with diced green chilies. I opted for the mild version.
Then add in some chicken breast halves. I used 2 chicken breast halves which weighed about 1 1/2 pounds. Mine were not frozen but you can totally use frozen chicken breast halves in this recipe. Use the same cooking time listed below. The pot will just take a bit longer to come to pressure.
Toss in a diced onion (I used yellow onion), ranch seasoning, garlic salt and paprika. I buy the big jar of Hidden Valley Ranch Seasoning from Costco but you can just buy a packet of it next to the salad dressings if you want.
At this point you’ll cover the slow cooker and cook on low for about 4 hours. Once the chicken is cooked through place it on a cutting board and then shred it up. Cook the spaghetti until al dente on the stove top, drain it and stir it into the slow cooker. Add in the cream cheese and cheddar and stir until creamy. This recipe is best when served immediately but if you have leftovers you can store them in an airtight container in the fridge.
One thing that I wish I would have added is mushrooms! I love mushrooms and I think it would have been perfect in this instant pot chicken spaghetti. Next time! If you do decide to add fresh mushrooms I would add the sliced mushrooms at the beginning with the chicken.
More family friendly chicken recipes
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For Slow Cooker Spaghetti Chicken I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.* I love this slow cooker (you can see me talking about it in a video here). It cooks low and evenly. I love the medium heat choice because most slow cookers that I’ve seen only have the option of cooking on low or high. If you’re going to buy just one slow cooker, this is the one that I recommend.Print
Creamy spaghetti with shredded chicken blasted with tons of flavor from seasonings and a can of Rotel. An easy weeknight dinner that your whole family will love. Get dinner “done” early in the day by making this in your slow cooker.
- 1 (10 oz) can of Rotel (diced tomatoes with green chilies) I used mild
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless, skinless chicken breasts (this was 2 chicken breast halves for me)
- 1 yellow or white onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp Hidden Valley ranch seasoning (not quite a whole packet)
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp paprika
- 8 oz uncooked thin spaghetti (I used whole wheat spaghetti)
- 4 oz cream cheese (half a brick)
- 2 cups grated medium cheddar
- Add the entire can of Rotel into the Instant Pot. Add in the chicken, onion, ranch seasoning, garlic salt and paprika. Give a quick stir.
- Cover the slow cooker and cook on low for 4 hours. Remove the chicken and place on a cutting board.
- Cook the spaghetti according to package directions on the stove. Drain. Add spaghetti into the slow cooker. While the spaghetti is cooking, shred the chicken. Add the chicken back into the slow cooker. Stir in the cream cheese and cheddar until melted and creamy.
- Serve spaghetti immediately if possible. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Recipe adapted from Ashley Moyer.
I used my 6 quart oval Kitchenaid slow cooker.*
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.