Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole
Here’s what I don’t want to do when I make a recipe:
A million steps and instructions.
And with this recipe for Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole I promise you won’t be doing that.
I finally figured out how to make a successful broccoli casserole in the slow cooker where you don’t have to pre-cook the chicken and you don’t have to cook the broccoli separately. The only thing you have to do is add the grated cheese at the end.
It’s a good day.
If you’re like me, you grew up on casseroles like this! They are comforting and delicious and can feed a crowd. This version contains no cream of soups though and it’s gluten free.
Slow Cooker Casserole Recipes
If you’re like me you love casseroles! They just remind me of the good old days of my childhood where Mom would make some concoction and bake it up in the oven. Here are some of my favorite casseroles that can be made in your crockpot!
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
For this Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole I went with my 3-quart casserole crock made by the Crock-Pot brand. I have loved this casserole shaped crockpot for recipes just like this. I love that the crock insert is completely oven and dishwasher safe. I love how if you want to brown the top of a casserole you can do that quickly in the oven after it cooks all day in the slow cooker. Or if you want to bake something in the oven and then put it into the crockpot and keep it warm on the counter, you can do that too. They cost around $40 and I think totally worth the investment!
Send Me Free Slow Cooker Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up here. I usually send out 1-2 new recipes per week. And you can unsubscribe at any time. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.Print
An easy slow cooker version of one of our favorite casseroles of all time–Cheesy Chicken, Broccoli and Rice Casserole!
- 1 cup minute brown rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 12 oz frozen broccoli florets
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups extra sharp cheddar cheese
- Pour the rice in the bottom of your slow cooker. Pour broth on top of the rice. Sprinkle in the garlic,salt and pepper.
- Cut the chicken breasts into small bite size pieces. Spread them evenly in the slow cooker.
- Evenly place the broccoli on top of the chicken breasts.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 2-4 hours, until chicken is cooked through and rice is cooked through.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Stir in 1 cup of the cheddar. Then sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. (I like to let the cheese on top melt a bit. I put mine under the broiler in the oven for just 2 minutes.)
- Scoop onto serving plates and enjoy!
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!