Instant Pot Creamy Chicken–the easiest cheater recipe out there. Chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and an Italian dressing mix packet are combined to make a delicious chicken and rice dinner with hardly any work. This version is made in your electric pressure cooker in just a few minutes.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Creamy Chicken
Almost 9 years ago I started this website. When I started my “project” to cook 365 slow cooker recipes in 365 days I was pretty inexperienced in the kitchen. In fact, I only had one good slow cooker recipe. It was this slow cooker creamy chicken recipe. My sister Gina had shared it with me. Basically you threw some chicken in the crockpot along with cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and Italian dressing mix. It was easy and it tasted amazing. I loved the idea of throwing a few ingredients into a pot, walking away and then coming back for an amazing dinner. I still love these types of recipes even though I am a lot more experienced in the kitchen. I don’t know anyone who doesn’t love an easy, tasty recipe like this.
The other day I had to cook for 40 girls. I decided to make 2 big pots of rice in the Instant Pot and 3 big crockpots full of this chicken and rice. It was a perfect easy dinner that didn’t take me all day and all the girls loved it. We served it alongside corn and salads.
You can also make this creamy chicken in the Instant Pot. If you’re in a hurry you can throw the ingredients in the pot and walk away and come back a few minutes later to a comforting creamy chicken and rice dinner.
More easy recipes…
Instant Pot Cheesy Chicken Rice and Broccoli Casserole
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo with Spaghetti Squash
Instant Pot Beef Stroganoff
Instant Pot 3 Ingredient Chicken and Gravy
4 Ingredient Instant Pot Chicken Chile Verde
5 Ingredient Pressure Cooker Chicken Tacos
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make instant pot creamy chicken I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1.* I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker.* They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
The easiest cheater recipe out there. Chicken, cream cheese, cream of chicken soup and an Italian dressing mix packet are combined to make a delicious chicken and rice dinner with hardly any work. This version is made in your electric pressure cooker in just a few minutes.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (0.7 oz) package dry italian dressing mix (I used the Good Seasonings brand)
- 1 (13.75 oz) can cream of chicken soup
- 1/4 cup butter
- 2–3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- Add chicken broth to the Instant Pot. Stir in the dry italian dressing mix. Stir in the cream of chicken soup. Add in the butter. Nestle the chicken into the pot.
- Lock the lid in place and make sure valve is set to “sealing.” Set the manual pressure cook button to 10 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.”
- Remove the lid and break up the chicken, if desired, into chunks. Stir in the package of cream cheese until it is melted. You may want to use the saute setting to melt the cream cheese quicker.
- Serve chicken and sauce over hot cooked rice.
You can stretch this meal out by adding another can of cream of chicken soup or extra chicken broth.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1.*
You can make this in your slow cooker too. Get the slow cooker version here.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Instant Pot
Send Me Free Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
*Karen Petersen is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to amazon.com.