Makes 4 servings
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (frozen is okay)
1 packet onion soup mix
1 (13.75 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
1. Place chicken thighs in bottom of slow cooker.
2. Sprinkle onion soup mix on top
3. Spoon the cream of mushroom soup over the top of the chicken.
4. Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours.
5. Remove lid, shred chicken. Serve chicken and gravy over rice or mashed potatoes or toast.
This was one of those days that I had no idea what to make for dinner. I went to my pantry and found a can of cream of mushroom soup and a thing of onion soup. Bingo. It was also one of those dinners that I knew my husband would appreciate a lot (me, not as much). I was thinking of adding some cream cheese or sour cream at the end but the sauce was perfect and I decided not to add anymore calories. This is a great recipe if you’re feeding a crowd and need something super duper easy and fast!
3 1/2 stars.