Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Chicken and Gravy–an almost embarrassingly easy recipe for a good old fashioned dinner. Serve the chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, toast or biscuits.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Chicken and Gravy
The slow cooker version of this recipe is one of the most popular recipes on my blog. Sometimes people just want super easy recipes, I guess. Recipes so simple you just memorize them. This is one of those. It worked fabulously in the Instant Pot. We served our chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes. Our neighbor kid was over eating with us and said, “this is like Thanksgiving dinner.” It did give me flashbacks to school lunch “turkey and gravy” day…one of my favorites in elementary school.
More good old fashioned favorites
Stupid easy beef stroganoff in the Instant Pot
Instant Pot mashed potatoes
Instant Pot beef pot pie
Pressure Cooker turkey breast from Pressure Cooking Today
Pressure Cooker stuffing from Pressure Cooking Today
What Instant Pot Did You Use?
To make this Instant Pot 3-Ingredient Chicken and Gravy I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1 . I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
An almost embarrassingly easy recipe for a good old fashioned dinner. Serve the chicken and gravy over mashed potatoes, rice, noodles, toast or biscuits.
- 1 (1.25 oz) packet onion soup mix
- 1 (10.5 oz) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 cup water
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken thighs (about 2 pounds), trimmed of excess fat*
- Add onion soup mix, cream of mushroom soup and water to the Instant Pot. Whisk until smooth.
- Add in the chicken.
- Cover and make sure the valve is on “sealing.” Set the timer on manual (high pressure) for 15 minutes. When the timer beeps let the pressure release naturally for 5-10 minutes and then release the rest of the pressure by moving the valve to “venting.” Remove the lid.
- Place chicken on cutting board and cut into bite size pieces or shred the chicken. Add chicken back into the pot and stir. Serve chicken and gravy over potatoes, noodles, toast, biscuits or rice.
*I used chicken thighs for this recipe because I prefer the dark meat. However, I believe you could make this recipe with boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Send Me Free Recipes
Thanks for stopping by! Do you love instant pot/crockpot recipes? Wish you had more good ones that your family would actually eat? Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below. This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.
This post contains affiliate links for Amazon. Each time you purchase something from Amazon that I’ve linked to I get a few pennies. Thanks so much for supporting my blog!