Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup–all the flavors from chicken pot pie in a soup! This super easy recipe is made in in your slow cooker. It can be made with raw chicken or leftover cooked turkey or chicken. Serve the soup topped with a biscuit to make it feel like the crust of a pot pie.
Get the Instant Pot version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I made this slow cooker chicken pot pie soup last night for dinner and everyone loved it! It’s a very friendly and forgiving recipe. The weather this week is in the 70s so I figured I could sneak in a soup recipe.
I bought store bought biscuits for sake of ease and served them with the soup to replicate the taste of a crust of a pot pie. But you can make homemade biscuits if you have the time and inclination. I love this recipe.
This recipe makes enough for my family 2 nights in a row so you may have leftovers if you’re like us. You can halve this recipe too. Just cut all the ingredients in half and keep the same cooking time.
More Creamy Slow Cooker Soup Recipes…
Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Slow Cooker Parmesan Sausage Kale soup
See ALL my soup recipes here.
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup I used my Ninja Auto-iQ 6 Quart Slow Cooker.* My favorite feature of this slow cooker is that it has a stove top function. This is perfect for sauteing or browning before you slow cook. This slow cooker has four manual cooking functions: slow cook, stove top sear/Saute, steam, and bake.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into cubes (OR 3 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 cups cubed potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 oz cooked and crumbled bacon (I used the pre-cooked bacon bits available by the salad dressings and croutons)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Biscuits to serve on the side, optional
- Saute the onion and garlic. Turn your stove to medium high and heat a pan. When pan is hot add in the butter and melt. Add in the onion. Saute for 3 minutes and then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Stir in the chicken and then sprinkle it with the salt and pepper and stir. Add to the slow cooker.
- Add ingredients into slow cooker. Add in the broth, mushrooms, potatoes and bacon.
- Slow cook. Cover and cook on low for 4-6 hours. Remove the lid.
- Thicken. Turn to high. Add in the cream cheese and mixed veggies. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot and let it thicken the soup for about 10 minutes. Stir to make sure cream cheese is melted. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve. Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with biscuits.
To make gluten free: Double check chicken broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. No side biscuit.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker