Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup–all the flavors from chicken pot pie in a soup! This super easy recipe is made in in your slow cooker. It can be made with raw chicken or leftover cooked turkey or chicken. Serve the soup topped with a biscuit to make it feel like the crust of a pot pie.
Get the Instant Pot version of the recipe here
Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I made this slow cooker chicken pot pie soup last night for dinner and everyone loved it! I ended up using frozen chicken tenders but if you have leftover cubed turkey or chicken you can totally use that instead. It’s up to you. I put in mushrooms and peas because that’s what I like but if you want to add carrots or other vegetables like green beans that would work too. It’s a very friendly and forgiving recipe. I bought store bought biscuits for sake of ease and served them with the soup to replicate the taste of a crust of a pot pie but really the soup is so hearty it doesn’t really need to be served with anything.
More Creamy Slow Cooker Soup Recipes…
Slow Cooker Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Slow Cooker Parmesan Sausage Kale soup
See ALL my soup recipes here.
What Slow Cooker Did You Use?
To make Slow Cooker Chicken Pot Pie Soup I used my beloved 6 quart oval KitchenAid slow cooker. I love this slow cooker because it cooks evenly and low. I also love this slow cooker because it has a neat timer with satisfying beeping buttons as well as a medium setting for those days where you start your slow cooker at an in-between time. If you’re in the market for a new slow cooker I definitely recommend this one!Print
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms
- 3 cups frozen hash browns (shredded or cubes)
- 1 1/2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders OR 3 cups diced cooked turkey/chicken (leftovers work so great for this)
- 3 oz cooked and crumbled bacon (I used the pre-cooked bacon bits available by the salad dressings and croutons)
- 2 cups frozen peas (you could also use the frozen mixed veggies, peas was what I had on hand)
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Biscuits to serve on the side, optional
- Add broth, mushrooms, hashbrowns, chicken and bacon to slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about 4-6 hours. Remove lid and remove the chicken. Cut the chicken into cubes or shred it. Return the chicken to the slow cooker. Stir in the peas.
- Turn slow cooker to HIGH. In a small bowl combine cornstarch with 1/4 cup water, stir until smooth. Then stir cornstarch mixture into the slow cooker. (keep lid off)
- Cube the cream cheese and add into the slow cooker. Stir until melted.
- Let cook on HIGH until soup is thickened (probably about 10-15 minutes).
- Add in pepper and salt to taste.
- Ladle into bowls and serve with biscuits.
Ideal slow cooker size: 4-5 quart
Recipe adapted from Soup’s On by Valerie Phillips
To make gluten free: Double check chicken broth to be sure it does not contain gluten. No side biscuit.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Slow Cooker
Send Me New Recipes
Get all my new recipes delivered to your email inbox by signing up below.
This is a free service! Try it out. You’ll eat better and be more inspired to make family dinner happen at your house.