Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup–all the flavors from chicken pot pie in a soup! This super easy recipe is made in minutes in your electric pressure cooker. It can be made with raw chicken or leftover cooked turkey or chicken. Serve the soup topped with a biscuit to make it feel like the crust of a pot pie.
Get the SLOW COOKER version of the recipe here
Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup
I made this instant pot chicken pot pie soup last night for dinner and everyone loved it! It’s a very friendly and forgiving recipe. The weather this week is in the 70s so I figured I could sneak in a soup recipe.
I bought store bought biscuits for sake of ease and served them with the soup to replicate the taste of a crust of a pot pie. But you can make homemade biscuits if you have the time and inclination. I love this recipe.
365 Days Reader Jackie says, “I make pie crust crackers to go with ours.
Thaw Pillsbury pie crust and cut with pizza cutter into 2X2 strips (okay if they are not even). Place on cookie sheet and brush with a little melted butter. Bake at 375 for 12-14 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Cool to room temperature. They freeze beautifully too!” I love this idea!
This recipe makes enough for my family 2 nights in a row so you may have leftovers if you’re like us. You can halve this recipe too. Just cut all the ingredients in half and keep the same cooking time.
More Creamy Instant Pot Soup Recipes…
Instant Pot Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
Instant Pot Parmesan Sausage Kale soup
Instant Pot Cheeseburger Soup
What Pressure Cooker Did You Use?
To make Instant Pot Chicken Pot Pie Soup I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1. I also own the 6 quart Instant Pot IP-LUX60 V3 Programmable Electric Pressure Cooker. They are both great pressure cookers! The first one I mentioned has a yogurt making function but other than that they are fairly similar. The price difference between the two is about $20.Print
All the flavors from chicken pot pie in a soup! This super easy recipe is made in minutes in your electric pressure cooker. It can be made with raw chicken or leftover cooked turkey or chicken. Serve the soup topped with a biscuit to make it feel like the crust of a pot pie.
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into cubes (OR 3 cups diced cooked chicken or turkey)
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 8 oz sliced mushrooms (optional)
- 3 cups cubed potatoes (peeled or unpeeled)
- 3 oz cooked and crumbled bacon (I used the pre-cooked bacon bits available by the salad dressings and croutons)
- 1 (12 ounce) bag frozen mixed veggies
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 3 Tbsp water
- Biscuits to serve on the side, optional
- Turn Instant Pot to the saute setting. When the display says HOT add in the butter and swirl it around. When it is melted add in the onion. Saute for 3 minutes and then add in the garlic and saute for 20 seconds. Stir in the chicken and then sprinkle it with the salt and pepper and stir. Turn off the Instant Pot.
- Pour in the chicken broth. Then add in mushrooms, potatoes and bacon.
- Cover the pot and secure the lid. Make sure valve is set to sealing. Set the SOUP button to 5 minutes. When the time is up let the pot sit for 5-10 minutes and then move the valve to venting. Remove the lid.
- Steam the frozen veggies according to package directions in the microwave or just throw them into the pot raw and they’ll cook eventually. Turn the pot to the saute setting and stir in the cream cheese until it is melted. In a small bowl mix together the cornstarch and water until smooth. Stir the cornstarch slurry into the pot and let it thicken the soup. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Ladle the soup into bowls and serve with biscuits.
I used my 6 quart Instant Pot Duo 60 7 in 1.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Instant Pot