Slow Cooker Chicken Enchilada Soup
I love enchiladas but sometimes I don’t want to go through all the steps of making them. I’d rather throw everything into a pot and turn it on and walk away. That’s where this recipe for slow cooker chicken enchilada soup comes in. It’s one of those throw-everything-in kind of recipes. It takes only about 10 minutes to get it going.
I love serving this soup with a dollop of sour cream and tortillas chips crunched up on top. Major bonus if I have an avocado in the house and I can put a few avocado slices on top.
More Recipes You’ll Love
Instant Pot Green Chile Chicken Enchilada Soup
Slow Cooker Creamy Skinny Taco Chili Soup
Slow Cooker Thick and Creamy White Chicken Chili
Instant Pot Smothered Green Sauce Chicken Enchiladas
All the flavors of chicken enchiladas in a bowl of soup. The soup is thickened up with a can of refried beans instead of dairy…this soup can be made dairy free if you want it to be. This version is made in your slow cooker.
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (15 oz) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 oz) can corn, drained
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 (10 oz) can enchilada sauce (mild, medium or hot…whatever you like)
- 1 (14.5 oz) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts (frozen is fine, just cook 2 hours longer)
- 1 (16 oz) can refried beans
- 4 oz cream cheese (optional)
- Salt and pepper
- Optional toppings: sour cream, chopped cilantro, sliced avocado, grated cheddar, tortilla or corn chips
1. Add broth, beans, corn, chiles, enchilada sauce, tomatoes, cumin, and chicken to the slow cooker. Give a quick stir.
2. Cover and cook on LOW for about 6 hours, or until chicken is cooked and tender.
3. Remove the chicken and shred. Stir refried beans and cream cheese (if wanted) into the hot soup until creamy. Add chicken back into the slow cooker.
4. Salt and pepper to taste.
5. Ladle into servings bowls and top with individual toppings.
I used my 6 quart slow cooker for this recipe.